Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I've had the SBC-iD for several months now and I love it for my stock twins @ BPU. I don't know the pros & cons of using it on a single, seems to me it should work great. It is very easy to program IMO; go to the feature on the menu display and simply set it to what you want. You can choose any units, psi, kg/cm2, bar or make up your own ;) It has all kinds of features that can be handy that I haven't used yet but will be playing with over this winter: display and playback capability of boost and for other inputs like EGT, fuel press, oil press, oil temp, almost any kind of sensor that has analog output. To display and playback other sensor inputs, I think you will need the PowerMeter iD add on but I'm not even sure about that yet.

Another reason I like it is cause it fits so well. I didn't want it in the glove box or on the steering column and I think the Apexi display is way way too big. Since the SBC-iD is so small and light it's easy to mount. I have mine attached to the dash with the Blitz provided velcro clip, just under the stock clock so I can still access the clock buttons once a millenium and it's above the AC control buttons; perfect fit between those two rows. I have the wire from it almost invisibly sneaking into the center AC vent in which I have a Greddy boost gauge. All in all, I'm very happy with this piece.

One guy in our local NE Supra group posted his experience with it where he describes how it makes boost faster than other controllers. This is the only one I've owned, but it sure is fast. I'm starting to wear out my analogy of beating drums: if you want a certain beat frequency (the solenoids duty cycle opens & closes very fast to hold boost) try it with a big hammer; now make the same beat with two much smaller hammers. IMO the two small solenoids reach max boost faster and hold it better than a bigger solenoid or stepper motor. You might find something interesting in his thread:

http://pub52.ezboard.com/fnortheastmkivsuprasfrm5.showMessage?topicID=186.topic

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
I used to own an HKS EVC IV and switched to the SBC-ID with the Power Meter ID and I'm so glad that I did. The SBC-ID is a kick butt boost controller. I totally agree with everything that NICK has stated. You won't be disappointed with the SBC-ID! I chose that over the APEX AVC-R because of its reliability.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vet killer - hey buddy, do you have pictures of your sbc id and pwermeter in your supra. i have yet to see any supras with it installed. the only car ive seen it in was a 300zx. thanks alot for all your help. i just ordered it a few minutes ago. haha

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
I'll have pics for you on Friday bro. I'm heading to a performance shop on Thursday to install the SBC-ID and Power Meter below my brand new Alpine CD Player. TITAN MOTORSPORTS installed them both and literally threw them in the glove box...looks like ass. I'm going to pay extra to another performance shop to make it look good. I'll send you some pics bro.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts