Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a blitz SBC-iD and there is a "VALVE" icon in the upper right hand corner that used to come on whenever I'd hit boost. Now it doesn't come on at all which I find VERY odd. It's that little rectangular graphical icon - kind of looks like this:

|____| (when there's no Boost) and then becomes filled in like this |====| when there is boost.

The odd thing is I can up the SET on the unit and my boost goes up accordingly, but I'm not getting this icon changing status anymore. I'm assuming this icon is showing when the solenoids are opening and closing. Anyone else ever see this problem? Any suggestions?

cheers,
James

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I called Blitz-NA and they had no idea why the valve indicator would stop working... decided to try and reset all the settings by doing a full reset on the unit and now it works fine - and pulls MUCH harder... was very laggy during a downshift before, almost like my pressure tank wasn't working, but now it's instantaneous. Seems like it's a good idea to reset the unit after winter storage - even though all the settings seemed to be saved.

·
1500+ rwhp member
912 Posts
I am running the sbc id III and noticed it seems to vary in boost amounts. I can't get it be stable on a track run. According to the aem logs it varies anywhere from 18-30 psi going down the track. I have seen 18 psi at the top of 2nd and 20 or so in 3rd, but going down the track in 4th achieves the boost I am wanting. Mind you the boost controller uses a "gain" to set, but according to the instructions you can't set it to automatic if you are using "twins, sequential, or HIGH BOOST levels. So how do I get a constant boost level using the "gain" if I can't set it to a certain boost. Any suggestions?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
uask4it said:
I am running the sbc id III and noticed it seems to vary in boost amounts. I can't get it be stable on a track run. According to the aem logs it varies anywhere from 18-30 psi going down the track. I have seen 18 psi at the top of 2nd and 20 or so in 3rd, but going down the track in 4th achieves the boost I am wanting. Mind you the boost controller uses a "gain" to set, but according to the instructions you can't set it to automatic if you are using "twins, sequential, or HIGH BOOST levels. So how do I get a constant boost level using the "gain" if I can't set it to a certain boost. Any suggestions?

It's not your boost controllers fault. Just like you can't build boost at idle, your engine will have a larger load on it in taller gears pushing more exaust to the turbo. Only Ideas I have come up for the Blitz, which I also run, is to set it to a ratio of 100 and use the limiter for your boost control. Since that is unsafe you could play around with the scramble boost. Only controllers I know of that offer gear based boost are the Apexi and HKs units. If you purchase the rev speed meter that links with the blitz you can have speed based boost settings. The owners manual has info on all of this.

·
1500+ rwhp member
912 Posts
According to Blitz this controller should not be used in the following conditions:

Automatic mode which allows a certain boost level rather then using a gain.

Twin turbo, suquential, and high boost applications.

Manual Mode which allows a certian gain, however you will not achieve a certain boost.

I was thinking possible mess with the responde to achieve the boost quicker.

Thanks,
Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts