Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I’ve got a question. I’m going to install a new Blitz SBC ID III EBC soon and I’m trying to get some ideas on mounting locations for the display. I have already searched and the only pictures I see is where someone cut into the dash or mounted it below the radio. My car has the OE radio head unit and I really don’t want to cut my dash up so does anyone have any other mounting location ideas/pictures? I was thinking of mounting the display somewhere on the dash with double sided velcro tape so it would be easy to remove if I needed to disassemble the dash. Any ideas and/or pictures would be welcome.

Thanks!

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
You can put it in the clock location. There's a nice way of putting it there. You might need to dig a bit further on the forums as there are pics but I'm not sure who's car it's from.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I don't have pics, but I have my SBC-iD on my dash next to the clock so I can still see the clock display (I don't even usually care what time it is ;) ) and also next to my now redundant Greddy boost gauge in my center AC vent; the Blitz fits just under that little ledge that sticks out above the clock, the wire runs into the center AC vent hole next to the boost gauge so it's a good neat fit. I used 3M adhesive backed velcro, cleaned the surface well with alcohol so it sticks good and mine has been on there for a couple years, including a few spin outs and infield plowing experiences at tracks, and it never came off or even got loose. I didn't want to cut the dash either and I'm happy with how it fits and looks, but I'm probably not as anal about this kind of thing as some around here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankks for the feedback guys. I was considering that same location near the clock area of on the left side of the instrument panel where people cut their dash. However, I think it would be a little more difficult to see there. Nick 95 6sp, if you have tiem, can you get me a pic of your set-up?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I'll try to grab the digicam in work and post a pic tomorrow, since I drove my beater in today and the Sup's at home.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I put velcro over the driver side tab (the one that looks like the trac. button), ran the wires through the middle console and it came out perfectly to mount it on that tab. I wish I could show you a pic but I have since sold my SBC-iD.

·
1,020 Posts
Here's an older pic of ym car, But it will give you a good idea.

It's just a dremeled piece of black acylic(sp?) plastic, over a shaped wooden mounting bracket.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have my mounted where Justin's buttons for the heated seats are. easy accessbility to change boost on the fly. i would have loved to put it in the clock position but didnt feel like drilling the hole

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
I'm still trying to decide how I want to hide all the wires.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Here is where i mounted mine. I bought the Power-ID just so it would fit in better.

sorry for the big pic.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mike, your interior is absolutely gorgeous! So clean with all the goodies mounted perfectly!

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
Justin187 said:
Fake 6 speed. haahah :D :cool:
SP400 trans! comes standard with the 6sp shifter :) makes for a much cleaner look.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
SupraSaiyan said:
Mike, your interior is absolutely gorgeous! So clean with all the goodies mounted perfectly!

Thanks bud! I try to keep things clean yet functional. I had stuff all cluttered together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts