Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
PHR Powered Pimp Moderator
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got the blitz sbc-id and i have a few questions. I've heard that this boost controller is not recommended for anyone that is running stock twin turbos in sequential mode. Is this true, and if so, why is it? If it is safe then what settings are recommended to use. I want to run 18 psi. but i heard that the boost controller has to be in manual mode, so i need to know the set and gain. ANY help is appreciated.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
That controler learns, i belive. if it is the one im thinkin of, ones that learn have trouble coping with sequential turbos, it confuses them A profec b or something like that would work better, i belive

·
Registered
13,572 Posts
I have it and really like it but it's the only one I've ever used.

It says right in the instructions on page 6 "WARNING - Auto mode will not work properly on any twin turbo, sequential turbo, or high boostiing vehicles" so why would you even try that? Use MANUAL mode and check this thread for setting info:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110690&highlight=sbcid

Also pay attention to what instructions say about the limiter settings. I don't use the limiter, but if you do, you don't want it kicking in during normal boost control or you get erratic boost.

M

·
0 Posts
Auto mode is absolutely useless, the only way to control boost correctly is to personally mess with the gain and set in manual mode. Set is where you want your boost level to be and the gain is how quickly you want to boost to that psi. Setting the gain to high will cause severe boost spikes so be careful.
If I want to boost at 18 psi i set the gain at 25 to prevent overboosting but different turbos will work different with the sbc so like I said you have to do some experimenting of your own with the gain and set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts