Supra Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Going for broke
622 Posts
I want that turbo kit, badly. And I'm even having a custom kit made, but only single. lol Shoulda gone twin.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
UGH, that twin turbo setup is the absolute BEST. I love it.
thanks buddy - i love them too, actually they are rare now i could do with finding some for spares - always good to have back up
if anyone has any please let me know
Blitz KKK K26

·
Going for broke
622 Posts
Good luck with that...lol it's harder to find these than an original HKS T51R kit.
I know MVP sells the K3-450R turbos for the kit with manifold and wastegate for $5,200

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Good luck with that...lol it's harder to find these than an original HKS T51R kit.
I know MVP sells the K3-450R turbos for the kit with manifold and wastegate for $5,200
you never know mate, I have old Nissan S14 turbos sitting in the garage that i havent touched in years but you're right a long show ;)

·
Banned
179 Posts
Always good to see supra history. Loved that video.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hi all,

I've posted on here previously when i started building my supra back up but due to other priorities it had to stop...

Anyway thought i'd post on here since it's a bit of Supra history and thought you might appreciate it...

some common mistakes, there was another Blitz Supra built in the US, i believe, which used a single turbo and produced like 900bhp that was inspired by mine - my one is the original that was used for the Nurburgring record.

find attached my thread on the UK forum and details below:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?319191-Blitz-Supra-The-Revival

Blitz Supra Revival
Background:

Blitz, of Japan, decided to have a go at the Ultimate racing challenge… the Nürburgring lap time.
Their challenge was to break the world record for the fastest time around the ‘Ring’ in a road legal production car, and this is where the story begins.
View attachment 197779

View attachment 197780

Nürburgring

The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 meters (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track "The Green Hell," and it is widely considered to be the most demanding and difficult purpose-built racing circuit in the world.

Their target was 7:53 and they managed 7:49 which is staggering even to this day let alone in 1997.

There is also evidence of Autocar’s feature of the Supra recording a 7:21 sec

7:21 --- 168.163 km/h -- Blitz Supra, 650 PS (Autocar magazine 1997)
http://speed.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

(If anyone has the Autocar mag from 1997 i'd love to see it)

7:50 --- 157.787 km/h -- Blitz Supra, 750hp, Herbert Schürg (1997)As per Video Option mags.

Note, the track has been resurfaced and flattened several times since then – so it makes the 7:49 & 7:21 even more impressive.

View attachment 197781
The official time, Driver and notes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_auto_(Germany)
Sports Auto (Germany) Official
Great story and IN for more!

Thanks for linking that video. Nice piece of history there!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Hi all - waking up a very old thread right now!

hope all are well and staying safe.

I wanted to share some more photos but also seek some guidance - the car has been in storage and used to attend events.

I am upgrading my insurance and they've asked me to suggest a value for my car - now this isn't an easy task because unlike cars on the net, this one is unique as not only is it a proper 90's actual Blitz car but also it has a record under it's name.

so the question to you all... What she it worth?

·
Registered
85 Posts

I wanted to share some more photos but also seek some guidance - the car has been in storage and used to attend events.

I am upgrading my insurance and they've asked me to suggest a value for my car - now this isn't an easy task because unlike cars on the net, this one is unique as not only is it a proper 90's actual Blitz car but also it has a record under it's name.

Get the car professionally valued mate. My close friend went down this path as he still owns the original Jun Supra with all the original body parts supplied with the car from Bonneville etc etc...

Out all the famous Japanese tuning Supra's, what you have in your possession is my favorite Supra of all time!!!

Luv it!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
really appreciate that Raamo - issue is with supra prices so different no one is able to price it close by.
I've asked some UK Importers so am waiting on their reply but keen to know what fellow owners think - also if you can suggest any pro's this end let me know and i'll reach out to them

A lot of the old school cars has history but this held the world record around the nurburgring so as well as being a famous Tuner (Blitz & TRD) car it's also made a mark.

welcome any other suggestions and guestimates

thanks all

·
From the land down under
4,545 Posts
Im not sure how I managed to miss this thread when it was first posted, but glad you bumped it up again :)

I cant help in regard to the value, but I was wondering if you could please provide some info on what suspension it has in it? Shocks, springs, arms etc etc.

Thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
359 Posts

With the right buyer you could bag 100-150k $, maybe even 200k. It all comes down to finding the right buyer imo. I have personally sold a comparable car in that price range. Whether or not you want that as an insurance price is another question.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Im not sure how I managed to miss this thread when it was first posted, but glad you bumped it up again :)

I cant help in regard to the value, but I was wondering if you could please provide some info on what suspension it has in it? Shocks, springs, arms etc etc.

Thanks a lot
if you are in nz. then I have to share the post from nz. supra (which i appreciate they have hosted for years - i have 2 copies of the original magazine here but this is so 90's lol)

Everything on the car was custom - later after the record it became their stock items i.e. the Blitz Nur Spec (I have the original prototype which later became Nur spec... named after the Nurburgring record as they used my car to develop it)

if you want more info I will try get you photos of the suspension

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
With the right buyer you could bag 100-150k $, maybe even 200k. It all comes down to finding the right buyer imo. I have personally sold a comparable car in that price range. Whether or not you want that as an insurance price is another question.
Thank you for this - the insurance I have been speaking to are flexible and they insure classic cars are millions of pounds but pricing mine is difficult hence why i needed this steer. appreciate this.

keen to know what you've sold, maybe will PM you.

in the meantime will add some more pics to revive the thread and as I attend more events this year I will post more info

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
at Brands Hatch 2020 - invited to attend the JDM Legends where they had some of the rarest old school cars - this is a Parade Lap I did

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Thank you for this - the insurance I have been speaking to are flexible and they insure classic cars are millions of pounds but pricing mine is difficult hence why i needed this steer. appreciate this.

keen to know what you've sold, maybe will PM you.

in the meantime will add some more pics to revive the thread and as I attend more events this year I will post more info
The car i sold was the D1GP Kei Office S15. Cars like this (90's - early 2000 JDM golden era) will probably see a huge rise in value in the coming years, so it's hard to put a price tag on them to be honest.

·
Super Moderator
10,753 Posts
at Brands Hatch 2020 - invited to attend the JDM Legends where they had some of the rarest old school cars - this is a Parade Lap I did
I absolutely LOVE that you've got her up and running. What an iconic MKIV to own!!! Have any more recent pictures/stories of the car to share?!? 🍺

As for what she's worth... honestly that car should go to a buyer that knows exactly what she is and appreciates it accordingly. Assuming it's in near-as-makes-no-difference condition and configuration to how it set the Nur record, I can't imagine a number lower than $75k USD to start.

Reactions: Project Blitz

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
The car i sold was the D1GP Kei Office S15. Cars like this (90's - early 2000 JDM golden era) will probably see a huge rise in value in the coming years, so it's hard to put a price tag on them to be honest.
awesome - yes these are very special cars of an era that produce some special vehicles - also with the rise of the electric cars it's a shame to know that we'll soon lose that real feel of a car, the noise and that character these super cool cars had.

I actually own another cool supra which was an Tokyo Auto Salon Demo car for TCP-MAGIC Japan (These guys produce cars for Mad Mike and now focus on Rotary) - i'm in touch with the CEO and he told me he built it himself (cool to know)

Inside the MADLAB, Mad Mike Whiddett's garage (built by TCP-MAGIC)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I absolutely LOVE that you've got her up and running. What an iconic MKIV to own!!! Have any more recent pictures/stories of the car to share?!? 🍺

As for what she's worth... honestly that car should go to a buyer that knows exactly what she is and appreciates it accordingly. Assuming it's in near-as-makes-no-difference condition and configuration to how it set the Nur record, I can't imagine a number lower than $75k USD to start.
yes definitely - will share more about the history and how things are progressing.
I have big plans for her and she's currently safe and sound but I will be getting her mapped and back on the dyno - 606bhp is what they used albeit they fully forged the engine because they didnt know what it would take to do the record at the time so they over killed the development of it.
it ended up being very lively so they hired RaceLogic to add a traction control to manage the cornering

61 - 79 of 79 Posts