Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
wow.....excellent writeup on the twin removal...I will definately be using this as soon as my single comes in.... :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys. This is still on-going, and I'll continue to keep updating the thread as things happen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, they're only on there as a pre-pre-fit. They'll be coming off again soon enough. Still a long time untill it's running.

Thanks for the support though!

Cheers,

Tony

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
tlicense said:
Just a metion to say I've done a chunk more work on this. Pretty much everything engine side has been stripped. Need to remove the fuel system next.....
Again the link is:-
http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=70974

Cheers,

Tony
Great writeup Tony. I'm gonna need it when I have time to remove my stock twins and install a t04r that's been sitting in my garage. If you don't mind, I'd like to put it on my web site and post it there so people can easily print and view from there.

Thanks,
Luis

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
That write up is unreal. Nice pix and descriptions !!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still on-going... not much done recently, am endlessly waiting for parts (3 weeks overdue.....)
In the mean time, I wonder if you guys can help me out:-
I'm just trying to sort out a basemap for my AEM so I can think about mapping. (Although I'm not mapping it myself, I have quite an interest in it so would like to get a bit of a head start)
Thing is there's not exactly a basemap that matches my exact spec (not that I was expecting to find one... that really would have been impressive LOL)
Anyway, I was wondering which single turbo would be a close match for my twins.
The spec of them is as follows:-

Compressor wheel inducer dia = 54.9
Compressor wheel ex dia = 76.2
Compressor housing inlet dia = 70
Compressor housing ex dia = 60
Turbine Wheel inducer dia = 64.4
Turbine wheel ex dia = 54.6
Exhaust Flange = K26

(Obviously there's two of them!)

I'd like to hear what you guys think is going to be a comparable single.

Cheers,

Tony

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Who makes this adapter plate for the stock fuel rail and where did you get it?

Thanks!

Are you selling it sense you have a new fuel rail setup?

Setup looks great by the way.:)

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
This is an awesome and soo detailed writeup!! This is sure worth a sticky quote:)
Only one very little remark on the twins removal: IMO it is not neccessary to remove the EGC section from the turbo assembly and also not the O2 sensor as long as the assembly is in the car. When having it out it is much easier to do so if needed/wanted.
But this DIY is really kick ass. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Still on-going... not much done recently, am endlessly waiting for parts (3 weeks overdue.....)
In the mean time, I wonder if you guys can help me out:-
I'm just trying to sort out a basemap for my AEM so I can think about mapping. (Although I'm not mapping it myself, I have quite an interest in it so would like to get a bit of a head start)
Thing is there's not exactly a basemap that matches my exact spec (not that I was expecting to find one... that really would have been impressive LOL)
Anyway, I was wondering which single turbo would be a close match for my twins.
The spec of them is as follows:-

Compressor wheel inducer dia = 54.9
Compressor wheel ex dia = 76.2
Compressor housing inlet dia = 70
Compressor housing ex dia = 60
Turbine Wheel inducer dia = 64.4
Turbine wheel ex dia = 54.6
Exhaust Flange = K26

(Obviously there's two of them!)

I'd like to hear what you guys think is going to be a comparable single.

Cheers,

Tony
With those size turbos I would say a SP77-ish size turbo would be similar. You should be able to make ~1000hp if these turbos can handle 35+psi. They look to be a pretty well sized set of turbos. The results will be interesting.

Daniel

·
Registered
923 Posts
Great write-up! Took me like 15 mins to get through all the pics as well..lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Who makes this adapter plate for the stock fuel rail and where did you get it?

Thanks!

Are you selling it sense you have a new fuel rail setup?

Setup looks great by the way.:)
Unfortunately it was put on the car by a garage, so I don't know where they got it from. I think if you contact www.whifbitz.co.uk they'll be able to sort you out.
Also unfrotunately mine is already promised to someone else. Sorry.

This is an awesome and soo detailed writeup!! This is sure worth a sticky quote:)
Only one very little remark on the twins removal: IMO it is not neccessary to remove the EGC section from the turbo assembly and also not the O2 sensor as long as the assembly is in the car. When having it out it is much easier to do so if needed/wanted.
But this DIY is really kick ass. Congrats!
Many thanks for your kind words.
It's all done as per the manual. I guess Toyota expected people to be inspecting it all with the intention of putting it back in. Plus from what I remember it was bloody heavy as it was, so stripping it into smaller chunks made it easier, but yeah, it would be possible to remove it all together.

With those size turbos I would say a SP77-ish size turbo would be similar. You should be able to make ~1000hp if these turbos can handle 35+psi. They look to be a pretty well sized set of turbos. The results will be interesting.

Daniel
Cheers Daniel, I'm certainly not expecing numbers as high as that! It will only be set-up to run on pump gas (99 RON - I'm in the UK remember) so I think that will be more or less it. Plus the motor's not built (yet ;) ) so I don't want to go too mad with it.

tony the tiger said:
Great write-up! Took me like 15 mins to get through all the pics as well..lol
Cheers, as I think I mentioned, I've taken something like 850 photo's so far... will keep everyone updated as things progress over the next few weeks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts