Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I've just bought a Blitz twin turbo kit, that I'm intending to fit over the next month.
I was wondering if anybody out there had a little info about this kit. I mean an instalation thread would be fantastic, but even just any info about the K3-450R turbo's or the D47D wastegates would be cool.

If anyone has personally fitted this kit, then I would love to hear from you!

Cheers guys,

Tony

P.S. When's that search button going to get fixed??? :)

·
Registered
619 Posts
lol u must have gone to uni in your town to be able to buy such a kit *jks* but they are rather expensive right?

well...i dont think ive ever come across anyone running this kit... if i was you id get in touch with Blitz UK or some major dealer like Whifbitz or maybe Thor racing!

take care mate,
Kind regards,
Yann

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, at the moment in the UK they're selling for the price of a decent single! There's one selling on mkivsupra.net for less than £2500, which is about $4650, still in the box! I picked mine up for less than $3700, again brand new.
The problem is of course that you just get turbo's, manifolds and wastegates, so there is some extra cost with fabricating pipes and sorting oil lines. I would have thought though not much more than about $1600 at absolute most.
I've contacted the official Blitz dealer, but I think the info is still sparse even coming from them.

·
Registered
619 Posts
tlicense said:
LOL, at the moment in the UK they're selling for the price of a decent single! There's one selling on mkivsupra.net for less than £2500, which is about $4650, still in the box! I picked mine up for less than $3700, again brand new.
The problem is of course that you just get turbo's, manifolds and wastegates, so there is some extra cost with fabricating pipes and sorting oil lines. I would have thought though not much more than about $1600 at absolute most.
I've contacted the official Blitz dealer, but I think the info is still sparse even coming from them.
oh right, thats great then, what a deal!!! what power do these twins put out?

well tell them to get you an installation manual in english, they have to send it to you!!! or yeah, some other tuning garage could most probably get you one!

good luck,

Kind regards,
Yann

ps: any pics of the car??? :bigthumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
zooyorker said:
oh right, thats great then, what a deal!!! what power do these twins put out?
well tell them to get you an installation manual in english, they have to send it to you!!! or yeah, some other tuning garage could most probably get you one!
Power, well I'm not sure. 800bhp seems to be the figure most bandied around, but I'm not really looking to match other people's figures, just see what she makes when it's all done.
I'm not sure about the manual though. Although brand new, it was second hand, so not sure where I stand. I'm not too worried to be honest as I'm cetainly not mechanically inept (I'm an engineer in top flight motorsport) but any help is... well help isn't it?

Not got any good pics unfortunatly, well unless you want to see how to change valve stem seals :naughty: :-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=49859&highlight=valve+stem+seals

Cheers for your input!

Regards

Tony

·
Registered
619 Posts
tlicense said:
Power, well I'm not sure. 800bhp seems to be the figure most bandied around, but I'm not really looking to match other people's figures, just see what she makes when it's all done.
I'm not sure about the manual though. Although brand new, it was second hand, so not sure where I stand. I'm not too worried to be honest as I'm cetainly not mechanically inept (I'm an engineer in top flight motorsport) but any help is... well help isn't it?

Not got any good pics unfortunatly, well unless you want to see how to change valve stem seals :naughty: :-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=49859&highlight=valve+stem+seals

Cheers for your input!

Regards

Tony
oh right i see! keep us or (just me lol) posted, about the figures shes gonna be putting down!

lol i checked out the valve stem seals thing, rocks dude, very well explained!

you are very welcome, i tried... good luck with the project!

Regards,
Yannick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Yannick,

I may post up a similar thread as I progress through, and I let you know what numbers I get.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MtFujiSupra said:
Triple-K, bad. Garrett, good.
What makes you say that? Not that I'm going to change it, but I'd be interested to know why. After all if there's a particular issue, now's the time for me to get it all checked out.

rotarytoy said:
Good luck man. Twin turbo setups are a true headache IMO
Again what makes you say that? Specifics would be good.

Many thanks,

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts