Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble with my Greddy Type S blow off valve. It was making my car idle rough and seemed to leak air. Also at 3000 rpm it would make a loud noise as if a lot of air is being relesed. It sounded like a farting noise instead of the nice whoosh. Lastly when i took it off it had oil residue on it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah i had the same bov as you did before i replaced it with the hks ssbov. With the type s if i would rev it at a dead stop the rpms would drop real low and the car almost would stall. The bov seemed to be just dumping out all the air. Ya the farting noise got annoying also so i switched to the hks ssbov and it works great. My car doesnt almost die any more when i rev it. Hope that helps

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but did you send it back? was it defective or does it always do that?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i know the honking noise is normal for the bov cuz i have some friends that complain about it also. As with the car almost stalling you can just tighten the screw on the top of the bov. But make sure not to tighten it too much or else you will get compressor surge. I just didnt really like the bov all together so i just bought the hks ssbov and i have no regrets.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have to adjust your BOV to the proper pressure for whatever boost you're running.

Maybe the Greddys come with it set all the way loose and you have to tighten it to whatever boost you're running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts