Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thats a good question. In my case I bought my SSQV before I even upped the boost from stock. The stock BOV limitations I'm sure are posted somewhere around here already.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah, I'm sure they are, I just didn' tknow what to search for! Limitations is a good word though, I'll try that

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
People usually get them when they increase the boost. One, because usually they need a new one because the stock one is dead or two, they just like the sound :) Most will do it by; about the time you get past 12psi or so on the stock turbo or anything above. Not any specific time to do it really IMO.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal, thanks trent.

I'm at 12 PSI right now, so I guess it'll go on the list... a few other things first :)

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Most people jump right into one for the sound or when the stock one goes bad.

I'd say when you upgrade your turbo it is a good idea. As far as "needing" one, that is debatable.

Al Jordan dynoed over 500rwhp on a stock bypass valve.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
ya i can spend that 200bucks on something else. My stock by pass valve still works so i am not in a hurry to get one. I will put a bov in if my jza70 front clip doesnt come with ic kit with bov.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh wow!

the reason I was asking is I thought I was hearing what could possiably be compressor surge, but I wasn't really sure.

I'm sure 500 hp is much more than 12 PSI :p

I'll get one eventually... I really enjoy the sound :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts