Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i been doing research about doing a blow though maf on my car. its a 94 tt usdm car. Mods are g force ecu, mbc, 3" down pipe 4" hks ti exhaust, basically bpu. I want to run twin intakes but i cant because of the maf. I cant really find a clear cut answer on if this can be done or not! If anyone has done it PLEASE chim in and let me know if it works or not, pics would be great! tia!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Why bother? the stock MAF is perfectly good for more than stock TT can put out. and twin intakes? not going to be worth the hassle and not likely it will give you much gains at all. spend the time and money else where for better results.

·
Registered
495 Posts
hey guys i been doing research about doing a blow though maf on my car. its a 94 tt usdm car. Mods are g force ecu, mbc, 3" down pipe 4" hks ti exhaust, basically bpu. I want to run twin intakes but i cant because of the maf. I cant really find a clear cut answer on if this can be done or not! If anyone has done it PLEASE chim in and let me know if it works or not, pics would be great! tia!
Is the Gforce a piggy back only? How well does it work with a BPU car

·
Game Over
1,249 Posts
OP,

I have done this blow-thru MAF with twin intakes, and you'd have to unloom your harness to bring your MAF wires to the driver's side of the engine bay. If your expecting that much gain, you'll be disappointed when you do this.

This has affected the cold start of my car, because the IAC no longer recirculates the air it bypasses, back behind the MAF. I had to apply some throttle to cold start the car. You will notice the twins being louder when you do this, but I could hardly feel a difference in the seat of the pants, and it might even be all in my head, at that time.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Is the Gforce a piggy back only? How well does it work with a BPU car
It's not a piggy back. Gforce is a complete stock ECU with internal mods. You remove your stock ECU and plug in the Gforce to take its place.

If you have a Gforce with the appropriate mods it works great with a BPU car. Trouble is, by now there is a wide range of uncertainty about what mods are in any Gforce you might have unless you have a reliable track back to when it was known for your Gforce. The mods include fuel/boost cut elimination (i.e., replaces BCC), top speed elimination, various increased rev limits, some have modified fuel maps of various sorts, some have modified timing maps.

Supposedly you can get up to 40 rwhp with doing twin intakes
Thanks, that joke made my day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts