Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well.. tonight I was racing... I sprayed... and within two seconds... I had blown my stock smic apart.

One of the plastic end tanks came off....

has this ever happened to anyone else?

1994 TT 6spd...bpu ++ (no fmic)

·
Single Turbo
711 Posts
Damn thats crazy! I guess you shouldnt have done that with the smic. I have not heard that happening before.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Happened to me on stock twins and 19psi on a cold night. Same thing as you, I blew off the plastic side end tank. You will probably need a new gasket in there and re clamp the shit out of all of those little notches. Mine was never the same so I got an FMIC...

Matt

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
same thing happened to me soon after I got the car. I put on a BCC and bleeder T and went out for a drive, everything else stock at the time. Punched in on the highway and blew the end tank off. In my car the stock IC was dented on the bottom (unknown to me at the time) which I think may have slightly damaged the IC so the high boost just blew it apart... oh well...

·
OG
754 Posts
happened to me too when I was BPU + nitrous.

I had a nitrous backfire which blew off the weakest link, the stcok plastic end tanks. easy to fix though & a probably a good time to upgrade to a front mount.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was video taping the race.... if you click this link... it will take you to a thread on tallyimports.com where I posted Pictures and Audio from the video

Click me

·
Banned
3,794 Posts
yup, mine did that. ripped the sucker apart, cleaned it and resealed it with the original gasket, but i punded the FUCK out of those retaining 'teeth' and its held GREAT for the couple days i had it on there before i went single.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts