Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a MKIV with a blown engine and hurt stock twins. After rebuilding the engine, should I bother sourcing stock twins or just do a budget small single setup?
Car will eventually be singled, but I'd like to take it slow as this is my first MKIV.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
^ WERD, If you are going single anyway, don't waste the time & money going stock twins and then single. go straight for the good stuff. always do it right the first time, you end up saving money by not having rebuy & upgrad parts

·
Registered
132 Posts
If your planning on single turbo later why waste your time and money with the old twins?

·
1,752 Posts
gogo said:
If your planning on single turbo later why waste your time and money with the old twins?
I disagree. I love the twin turbo setup. Especially for your first mkiv. I'd say you should get a feel for the car. However, I have have to admit over the last year with my supra, I want to a single turbo kit or the big hks twin turbo setup.

·
OG
1,059 Posts
When you yank out the engine and see that even with the engine outside of the engine bay, it is a PITA to remove the stock twins, you will see that single is the only way to go.

I wish I'd done it when I blew my engine.

Cheers
Rich B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts