Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know if you have a blown head gasket. I think I blew mine but not sure. Thats all I know is my car is smoking a lot when it starts and goes also when it idals. Any Ideas would be great. For the record I am running 11psi on a blitz intake three inch down pipe and mufler. If the head gasket is gone which size should I get if I still want to bump up the boost after I get the lexus afm and some injectors.
Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i took it to the shop and as soon as I told him that it might be the head gasket he sayed he didnt even want to touch it

·
Registered
144 Posts
take it to a shop and have them run a head gasket test...

you start car remove radiator cap and insert tester if it turns yellow its bad voila your answer...

most likly its your headgasket these cars have weak head gaskets..

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Don't bother with the Napa tester as suprastranger said. It gives false readings all over the place.

Take your car to a real mechanic.. tell them to do a leak down test.

Oh yea... everyone who just said to search. Maybe you should try reading the rules. Yell at them to search all you want, but you have to search yourself and post a link. Everyone yells at me for bashing newbs... but at least I help.

Wooshh... just shut up. Please delete your silicone gasket maker post because it will confuse people who find this later in search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.