Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to work today and accelerated to pass a car and heard a loud hiss. My car now idles very rough, wont accelerate properly, blows lots of black smoke, and stalls quite often. I've had an upper IC pipe blow off and the car acted very similar to how it is now. I havent had a chance to check the lower IC pipes to see if one popped off but in an effort to curb my paranoia I was wondering if there's anything else that could cause similar symptoms.

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
That's what happened to me.

That's what happened to me.

The symptoms indicate an extremely erroneous air metering condition, plus a large boost leak. (Loud hiss, shitty idling, black smoke, no acceleration). Same thing happened to me (and you).

So just rip that bumper off and fix the hose when you get home :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welp turns out the lower part of the ic hose that runs up to the throttle body popped off. I took the passenger wheel well apart to get to the intercooler connections only to discover that they were fine. Then i just took stuff apart following the ic pipe to the throttle body. I think the connection that popped off has got to be the worst one to try to get to. I dont have the hands of a 5 year old so it took a while to losen the clamp. But all is well now. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts