Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a crap load of oil that comes out of my downpipe (open dp) and theres oil that gets into my lower ic pipe. Theres also oil that gets into the manifold aswell. wtf? blown seals? Theres minimal shaftplay too. Car is a 7mge-T. I double checked the drain line and there was a slight kink. I fixed that it still does this. It also smokes inbetween on the exhaust housing of the turbo. Please help. Thanks

-Dave

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
Still using the oil cooler return? If you are then that is most likely your problem. People said it would work but IMHO they are full of shit. The more people I talk to the more I find who tried to use that hole without success. Do your self a favor drop the subframe, drop the oil pan and weld a larger bung onto it. I know it seems like alot of work but wouldn't you rather have a working car then one that is a mosquito fogger?

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the problem dude. I did weld a bung into the oil pan and I STILL have this damn problem. Thats why I think its the turbo seals.

-Dave

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
86SUPRA7mgte said:
anyone else have any ideas?

-Dave
What size is the bung that you used? The one that came with the 935 oil line kit?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
If ther is minimal shaft play and the return is a straight shot to the pan with no dips where oil can puddle. If theoredically your seals are good then you might be getting too much oil pressure and volume into the center section. What kind of feed and return line size are you using?

Lawrence

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the drain line is -10an. Theres a slight kink in the line, but I don't see how that could cause this. The feed line is much smaller. I don't know the exact spec of it right now, but its the oil line kit from 935motorsports. And yes JT i am using the one that came with the 935 oil line kit.

-Dave

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I would start with the drain line. The small kink maybe a problem. Is the lowest spot parallel with the ground and not go up into the oil pan? This is very important that gravity pulls the oil into the pan. if you rely on the oil pressure to do it then the center section becomes overloaded and will come out of the exaust and intake seals. next is the feed line. I would take it off of the turbo and put it into a clear container like a water bottle. have someone fire it up and at idle for 10 seconds. if the bottle is a 12oz you should have maybe 1/3 to 1/2 full any more and you are getting too much oil volume. The center section should handle 60-80 psi of pressure. Just from my experience with bad turbos.

Lawrence

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
1greenMK3guy said:
Kinda off topic but has anyone tried to remove the oil pan with the subframe on???? Think its poss.??? looks dam close to me.
Nope, the oil pickup is too low, you can unbolt the oil pan but won't be able to get it off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts