Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking im just going to pull the whole turbo assembly, but how do you get to the bolts on the underside of the manifold??? I cant even see them!

This is being such a pain in the a$$ that i really wish that i just went single instead.

is there anything better than the "MKIV Turbo replacement Manual" ???which to me doesnt show much.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
the underside nuts are a major PITA. i just sprayed them with wd40 for about a day and let them soak. the next day i took a wrench(used the closed end) and broke all the bolts loose with my hand. i got some pretty bad bruises on the palm of my hand where i was pushing but it was definitely worth it when it all came out.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning on doing the same thing as you but when I finally got the twins off I said fuckit and got the single. Being in debt is better than fooling with all that shit.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Brad Mayo said:
I was planning on doing the same thing as you but when I finally got the twins off I said fuckit and got the single. Being in debt is better than fooling with all that shit.
I know the feeling Brad. That's how I view things also. Fixing to do timing belt so went ahead and got some cam gears. Waiting till my stock turbo go so I can go single too.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Supralative said:

I know the feeling Brad. That's how I view things also. Fixing to do timing belt so went ahead and got some cam gears. Waiting till my stock turbo go so I can go single too.

I didnt get much notice before mine went.... 2 days after i get the car the turbo starts howling.... bleh :mad:

I havent even had it enough to put on exhaust or anything else really

·
259 Posts
Joose said:

I didnt get much notice before mine went.... 2 days after i get the car the turbo starts howling.... bleh :mad:

I havent even had it enough to put on exhaust or anything else really
Damn..that sux! How many miles do you have on you 97??

FYI>>>I paid some guy $500 to take out my old blown turbos and install new(er) stockers..money well spent!! :D

Jeff M

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replacing turboes is a MAJOR PITA! But get this, i buy a set of used twin turboes from John Shin (shinbone on the forums) and pull my blown turboes and install his. Well, he sold me a blown set of turboes!! *^#*$&^#$&#^$ Talk about being pissed....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff M said:
I paid some guy $500 to take out my old blown turbos and install new(er) stockers..money well spent!! :D
If anybody in Oregon or Washington wants to pay me $500, I'll do it for that price! Heck I'll do anything except a clutch. If you want me to remove a transmission, fogetit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts