Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 Turbo supra and I'm not sure about this but a friend told me that I had a blown turbo. It starts fine but the idle is really rough and it sputters really bad. The transmission only has 1st gear and i was wondering if it could have anything to do with the problem. Any help would be much appreciated!!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
will im not that good with auto tranny so not much help there except i would say replace it with the torque convertor....rebuilding it would cost you twice/thrwice. will as far as your turbo goes....take the intake off and move your shaft up and down...side ways. if there's no major play i wouldnt worry about it. or you can listen to it with a scrwe driver. i'd check ignition first.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
keep us updated. now when this happened (the bad idle)..did you do anything to it? was it always like this then all of a sudden happened? did it happen here and there and wasnt too evident and now it is?....the cps wiring is a famous problem also. there's wires that can get old and crack real easily. check that.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Wu_Tang said:
keep us updated. now when this happened (the bad idle)..did you do anything to it? was it always like this then all of a sudden happened? did it happen here and there and wasnt too evident and now it is?....the cps wiring is a famous problem also. there's wires that can get old and crack real easily. check that.
Still on SF and you don't even have a supra anymore :crying: If I win the lottery I'll buy you one :p

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
Check your codes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The transmission went out and it only had 1st geat i drove it about 20 miles from where it broke down to where I live and I parked it. Went out to start it one day and it just started idling poorly and wouldn't really go anywhere. Just kind of like it was lifeless. It drove fine and idled perfect before i drove it the last time and parked it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
will start with what you know is def. wrong...your tranny...i'd go from there. and supraofdoom...howdy...i will get a supra again. and i will be a millionaire...my company is paying at least 2.4mill if i retire with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts