Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok let me start with my small list of mods i was running stock open dp and elbo with 9 psi with hardpipes with jdm motor and turbo

so i decide to put on my DDP. well after that everything was good except i was hitting fuel cut. then it started to blow blue smoke with decel to idel for 20 seconds. so i was reading and i decided the turbo was pootched so i took it off and the hotside shaft moved like a whore so then i put one off a 140K car on there with no shaft play at all and then everything ran smooth again
(both turbos always spooled still ) no blue smoke then now when i rev it at idle i get a little puff of smoke then i can rev it still with no smoke.. is my turbo going again? is it on the way to doing what it was doing before?

also iput new lines for the PCV on there

·
Registered
106 Posts
Make sure you don't have any leaks at the drain line.. Ive found that oil starvation can really kill a turbo... Also, not sure but maybe you should have primed the 140k turbo before putting it on, that small amount of time with no oil could have killed it?? Have you checked the shaft play on the 140k turbo since youve put it on the car?

Just some ideas. I was having the same problem and came to realize it was my brand new turbo and I think it died due to an oil starvation problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts