Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that all the threads with pictures from photobucket are blurry? I've tried on both my computer and phone. Wondering if I'm the only one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed the exact same thing. I hope they get it resolved because I'm about to start a project that had a great writeup and I could sure use the pictures for reference.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Its a photobucket thing. Much like this forum's new overlords, Photobucket blurs photos when your account is past the max free bandwith. They basically want 10$ a month to host the photos with unlimited bandwidth.

Sadly, much like this forum, everyone will move to other platforms that have less greed for the almighty dollar via ads.

·
Registered
291 Posts
So Supraforums isn't paying photobucket for unlimited, or they want members to pay? Does anybody have a solution? @ZaZZn
It's strictly in the hands of the uploader... basically, Photobucket tried to extort their userbase for $400 per year and everyone jumped ship. Every photo that wasn't paid for was blocked, instead displaying a speedometer blaring the message, “PLEASE UPDATE YOUR ACCOUNT TO ENABLE 3RD PARTY HOSTING."

After 9 months or so, Photobucket was under new management, and, in an effort to get people back, those photos came back from the dead, though they've been blurred out and watermarked.

Photobucket has since changed their offerings to include a free plan which allows 250 images only, a $4.99 per month for 25GB of storage, or an $11.99 per month unlimited plan. When you see a blurred photo, it's because the uploader has not paid for the service and has exceeded the "free" plan of 250 images. More than likely, these images were uploaded before Photobucket initiated the restrictions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you see a blurred photo, it's because the uploader has not paid for the service and has exceeded the "free" plan of 250 images. More than likely, these images were uploaded before Photobucket initiated the restrictions.
Okay. So you're saying we should storm the Photobucket headquarters in our Supras?

·
Registered
291 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts