Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
N/A Power
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried swaping parts (crank, pistons, cylinder head)
Motor, tranny, anything?
Its i6 3.2L and rated at 333hp, 7m is only rated at 200. Why? It's only bigger by .02L, and why is it that their redline starts at 8000rpm?
This could maybe be a stroker kit?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Do yuo realize how MUCH an e46 m3 engine costs? Go check it out over $10,000!

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
89mk3trd said:
What mods did you do to get the e46 head on the 7M?
nevermind him, he's trippin again, if you stare too long at the red/green blinky thing it'll happen to you too, lol

·
0 Posts
mdr40z said:
nevermind him, he's trippin again, if you stare too long at the red/green blinky thing it'll happen to you too, lol
lol, I was going to call the BS Federalies out on that one. I sell BMW's every day of the week and theres no way thats happening. Thanks for the insite and I'll remember not to stare at the red and green light to long. Hahahah.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I also have an E46 head on my 7M, it makes great power, plus the pistons, crank, and conrods are the exact fit for the 7M AND for the 2JZ, I'm also thinking about putting all of the E46 internals into my 4A-GE motor, should make great power!!

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Well, it's not the question that we are having fun with, it's the person who posed the question... :)
Seriously do you think anything from a Toyota motor will cross fit a BMW?
Here are a few things interchangeable between Supra's and M3's.
Possibly oil and gas.
Tires? (Only if they are the same size....)
List ends there.
Merry Christmas :)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
greensupra_87 said:
for some reason I don't think you guys are taking it seriously, relax it's just a question if no, just say so.
Heh, ok, I just got a pretty good laugh at it, lol.

Anyways, no.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
adjuster said:

Tires? (Only if they are the same size....)

///M3's come with 17x8 with a 5x120mm bolt pattern, don't even think the tires would be swapable.

But yeah I am with him the only things that are swappable would be non-engine things like seats, shift knob, the only "engine" thing I could see would be .... possibly the alternator if you made a custom bracket or somthing.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
ahahah i hear ferraris make more power? can we use those engines? can i weld two 7ms together to make one giant V12??

Ho ho ho

Ang

·
Registered
269 Posts
Jeez you guys are asses. :lol:

Y

·
0 Posts
It seems to me he's simply asking if its possible to swap ANY engine parts from ANY car. he just used the bmw engine as an example. he then asked why the bmw had more power than the sup, despite being the same size...sheesh you guys need to lighten up on the newbies.
prolly not on the swap engine parts thing,
and as for the engine being better, someone said it, it cost 10,000 bucks. Thats alot more than our 7ms. Plus technology has advanced quite a bit in 18 years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.