Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VS MOTOR`s latest project. A BMW E36 with S38B38 twin-turbo. Today he dynoed the S38B38 to 1422 horses on a motordyno.

·
Champagne Papi
5,695 Posts
3.8L.. still can't manage to beat the mighty 3.4L :D I have a habit of comparing everything to Supras

·
4,109 Posts
550orM5 said:
OH Man that intake manifold is Gross it is soooo SICK!!! What is the motor out of ??
The E34 M5. Suprised you didn't know that, given your screen name;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
PaKmaN said:
3.8L.. still can't manage to beat the mighty 3.4L :D I have a habit of comparing everything to Supras
Remember that Vidar`s dyno show less than it is. For each 1000 hp you can add 60 hp. This S38 will show atleast 1422hp on any motordyno anywhere in the world. In other words, it is no luckydyno

Motordynos are the most accurate way to dyno. Do anyone know of any other inline 6 motor that have dynoed more on a motordyno?

There are only two shops in the whole world that sell turbo performace parts to these S38 motors or can build you a turbo S38. One of them is VS MOTOR in Norway, the other one is PPF in Sweden.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Z07 said:
Where did you find this beast?
Found it on a norwegian forum, owner have a project thread.

VS MOTOR dynoed another TT M5 motor a few weeks ago, a 3.6L. That one dynoed 1048 hp. Funny thing is that Vidar could do a quick adjustment to make it over 1100 hp but the owner said that 1048 hp is enought :)

Owner: ssperformance, Norway

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
This 1400+ hp monster will also be trackdriven, so it is a drag/track car. I dont know how well the motor can take the beating but VS did use his 1100+ hp M5 on track and that worked out well. How many 1400+ hp cars do you know of that are both track and drag car!?! This guy is insaine!! Maybe one of the worlds strongest inline 6 motor ever to be dynoed the most accurate way (motor dyno), and the guy will track it too :) :) :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
wtfx100 said:
Um there are inline 6's with well over 1400hp starting with the 2jz strokers and ending with www.inlinesix.com
There was much to read on that site, but not much info about the car. Fastest run they have done that i saw was 7.8s. Fast!? yes, but not for that type of car.

I have never heard about a 2JZ over 1067hp that have been dynoed on a motordyno. There is a guy in Sweden that have dynoed 1067 hp.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found the guy who have dynoed 1067 hp on a motor dyno. Number 13 on the list of worlds fastest supras, this supra is full weight too. Remember that a 1/4 mile in north Europe is 402 meters, an american 1/4 mile is 400 meters here. In other words, our 1/4 mile is half a carlength longer than in US:

13. [email protected] Joakim Menghini Supramannen Racing driven by Rickard Cornacchini

·
Diehard 4G63/AWD User
666 Posts
Zach90Turbo said:
Cornacchini? WTF? If you're going to use a vegetable as your last name, just pick one.
Don't be an asshat. :rolleyes:

I have never heard about a 2JZ over 1067hp that have been dynoed on a motordyno
Very nice project but you should know that there are inline 6's on this board that have made more than than number to the WHEELS. :) I'm assuming by "motor dyno" you actually mean a chassis dyno right?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
diambo4life said:
Don't be an asshat. :rolleyes:

Very nice project but you should know that there are inline 6's on this board that have made more than than number to the WHEELS. :) I'm assuming by "motor dyno" you actually mean a chassis dyno right?
No this is what i mean:

Chassis dyno is when you dyno on the wheels. Many of those dynos are not accurate at all. I have seen examples that show over 200 hp to much. Moderators on PPF`s forum say that most of the chassi dynos from USA show too much but people with high dynonumbers on bimmerforums hate to hear that LOL :)

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
MADMKIV said:
I believe Titan motorsports uses an engine dyno and has gotten into the 1800's
Correct, I'm not disclosing real numbers but Duttweiler has beaten the hell out of the inline 6 on the engine dyno to numbers much higher than 1422.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts