Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dropping in a 1jz into my 88 supra, the only problem is the wiring to the body harness. I bought a shell so I don't have a 7M engine harness. Does anybody have an alternative other than hardwiring it in? I would hate to have to drop 300 dollars for a harness just to cut off the body plugs, plus they're getting harder and harder to find... I've thought on the idea of getting some generic male and female plugs and just cutting the body connectors off and doing it that way. But I thought I would see if anybody else has a better option. Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Body harness? I assume you're talking about your interior harness?
Is your 1JZ a GTE or GE? Is your 7M a GE or GTE? It matters.
Are you trying to connect your 1JZ wire harness to the interior harness? If you so need pinouts for both. You'll need to repin the outer to work with the inner. There aren't many differences as far as I can remember. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a non-vvti 1JZ-GTE from a jzz30 soarer, and my car was originally a 7M-GTE with a yellow plug harness. And yes I am talking about wiring the 1jz engine harness into the interior connectors that originally plugged into the engine harness. My problem was I bought it as a shell, so I never had a 7m-gte harness to begin with. So my question is just if anyone has an alternative to finding and dishing out the money on a 7m-gte harness just to grab the few connectors I would need.

·
Registered
91 Posts
take it one wire/plug at a time. You might have better luck breaking the large problem into a bunch of small ones. Like search jz to 7m oil gauge, jz to 7m ignition etc.

I'm going do my 1jz swap in the summer and that was my plan.
There's a link titled webo666 or something like that and it has everything you need to know about the jzz30.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts