Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a extreme dimensions fiber reinforced plastic front bumper. It was not molded perfect as the drivers side is larger than the passengers.
I want to make them the same.

question 1: Where can i buy this flexible resin?

Question 2: I have attached a few pictures. Can i cut on the white line, Remove the red section and fiberglass it back together?
What do you guys think.

Thanks

Passenger side
1" thick

Drivers side 1.25" thick

I want to take the drivers down to 1" thick to match passengers side.
Cut on white line and remove red section. Then fiberglass the under side side of the bumper back together.

· ELITECUSTOMBODY
7,365 Posts
that's one crappy fitting bumper, I think I would work the part that butts up to the fender, not the outside, I never seen a bumper that would have a big step out past fenders like that,looks almost like it was made for a widebody or flares, BTW ,is there a flange like on stock bumper where it bolts to the fender?

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info.

Yes there is a lip like the factory bumper.

So, your saying you would start trimming here. Red = cut away
Thanks for your time!

· ELITECUSTOMBODY
7,365 Posts
yep,it would be much faster,not the car,lol, the job,

it looks like someone already did some rigging on it,unless that's what they sell nowadays on cheapbay for $99 shipped

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok cool, Thanks for the help man.
I may have more questions, i'll post up here if i do. :p

Naa, i ordered it from a online company. Its extreme dimensions (aka :ghey: ) brand... I was very disappointed with its fitment.. But i have fixed worse. (just never a brand new bumper)

I may try to pull it in to between 3/4" and 1/2". I'm not sure if that will allow enough room for the stock stud plate to slide in.... we'll see.

Again, thanks for all the help so far. :)

Oh.. do u know where i can purchase this flexible resin?

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
what style bumper is that/

· Registered
3,366 Posts

· Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
6,330 Posts
i know it an extreamdimension one but i was wondering if its a doluck knockoff, if it is then the sides do stick out pass the fender. thats the way doluck designed it, mainly to be used with the doluck fender

· Registered
184 Posts
cut the red area away, pull the side in and clamp toghether, fibreglas form the frotn and back to fill the gaps and create somewhat a fibreglass rivet, sand the front down to the original level, skim some filler over it and sand smooth + prime, job done, remember to wear protective gear to, eye goggles, long sleve clohtes, as fibreglass can really scratch

good luck mate, and remember to post pics:)

· Registered
79 Posts
whoa!.....my advice is to send the bumper back and try 2 get a refund. if u can't do that then yur kinda fucked. I do body work for a living and i originally bought a knock-off do-luck body kit. I had the same problem where the kit didn't fit. I ended up sending it back and buying a real bomex kit.

U can make it fit. Fiberglass is very easy to manipulate and customize. Unforunately tho it is a pain in the ass to work with fiberglass. I would cut the red line out and cut the bottom and side of the bumper to. This way it is some what flexible. Make sure u scuff the edges of the bumper (font and back) with sum 80 grit sand paper for the fiberglass resign to stick to. Cut some pieces of fiberglass to the appropriate size and mix up some resign. Lay the fiberglass ONLY ON THE BACK OF THE BUMPER and spread sum reasign on the front. U would have to use some c-claps to hold it while the resign dries. then sand, lay bondo, sand, lay bondo, prime and paint.

U can pick up the fiberglass and resign at any auto body supply store (not autozone or advance auto parts). and get 2 tubes of resign hardner. you'll need them both

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, Its a copy of the doluck...

Yes i can do the body work, no problem. I just wanted to get some advice on where the best place to cut would be.

I picked up some supplies today.... About to start choppin away!

I'll snap a few pics along the way, if i remember....

Thanks for all the info guys!

· Registered
6,358 Posts
I saw a full Bomex "extreme dimensions" knock off a few days ago, and it was utterly crap. Random little holes, and cracks on the skirts, they also pointed out uneven areas like you have (and worse).
The body shop convinced me that fiberglass is not the way to go at all cost. All it takes is a little kick to the side skirt when getting out and cccrrraaccckkk. Then gotta invest on repainting that side. Cheap kit, only $500 for the whole thing.

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, i stay away from standard fiberglass.

This is the new stuff, FRP. U can twist the bumper 180 degrees and it will not take damage. I tried it with the side skirt, i was impressed.
How ever... their parts still don't fit worth a crap.... But i can fix it.

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The cuts.
I cut a 1/4" gap into it, and tapered it down towards the front of the bumper.
I also made a 1/4" gap going down the side, and made a cross cut where it flared out.

My little helper, that wasn't much help. :)

The fiberglass is setting up, tomorrow I will start with the body filler.:1poke:

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lmao!

Hey, i didn't chop any of my appendages off... so I'm happy. :p

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alrighty, I got the bumper back together.

I forgot to snap any pics before i spot primed it...:
This is the first spot prime, i haven't even speckled it yet.
It turned out very nice, i think. :tongue:

I gotta do some more priming and sanding. I'll get it on the car tomorrow and snap a few pics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.