Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the recent hail storms I'm going to repaint my whole car and have the Doluck front and stillen sides installed at the same time. I'm going to keep it black but a different black then the stock supra black. Does anybody know of a good shop around Austin????

I also have some 19" Volk SF Challenge in black coming in too. :D

·
Banned
291 Posts
Klein's Sterling Auto Collision
512-894-0302

very reputable shop that does mostly work on ferraris, porches, lambos, ect
they are pricey but you definatly get what you pay for with this shop.

·
652 Posts
I did much research on this exact topic before having a shop here in Austin completely re do my MKIV.

Hands down the best shop I have ever seen regardless of location is Burlis here in Austin...

They completely re did my car and it is damn near flawless.
That is coming from someone who is in the car buisness..

It is currently there at their shop in Pflugerville til the 15th and if you want to go over there and see the job they did on my MKIV call me and I will tell them you are coming by.

Thomas Kenyon
512-743-8070

·
***** White Lover
503 Posts
Hands down the best shop I have ever seen regardless of location is Burlis here in Austin...
Where is this body shop ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
its on grand avenue parkway...its an awsome shop, i had my escalade fixed there also, it was side swiped and looks like it came from the factory.. when i went to pick it up there was a wrecked black mkiv outside, so i know they have experience with them

·
652 Posts
That's funny.... that was my MKIV that was sitting outside.

You should see that bitch now... My god it is sweet.

Gimme a call if you wanna go by and check out the shop or my finished car.

They are an awesome shop... Expensive as all hell but the best I have ever seen.

Thomas Kenyon
512-743-8070

·
652 Posts
Allright... here's what happened.

Was downtown one night and on my way back to a friends house. It started to rain lightly and while traveling east on Wells Branch, I spun out into a barbed wire fence that lines Wells Branch.

It did about $17000 worth of damage.

Barbed wire fences are MEAN. Do not ever hit one.

Thomas Kenyon

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
Allright... here's what happened.

Was downtown one night and on my way back to a friends house. It started to rain lightly and while traveling east on Wells Branch, I spun out into a barbed wire fence that lines Wells Branch.

It did about $17000 worth of damage.

Barbed wire fences are MEAN. Do not ever hit one.

Thomas Kenyon

Damn, any pictures? are you an auto? what tires? stock diff?

I almost wiped out on 35 between hillsboro and dallas. The section of 35 had concrete walls right after next to the lines on each side of the 2 lane NB hwy. I was in the left lane doing 60mph, the back slipped to the left car crossed over to the right lane. I was correcting it and it caught and the rear shot to the right, headed towards the left barrier, I thought it was over. Man, i was shitting and saying o well, my car is done but i was still turning the wheel lightly to the right and it caught then went straight narrowly hitting the wall by about 1" or so.

I have KDW 265/35/18s up front, 295/35/18s in the rear. I thought these tires sucked because my rear end always slipped in the rain. Then a couple weeks later i broke my diff and had the TRD Diff installed. While i was driving one day it started to rain. Remembering how i almost lost it i started cursing. Then i noticed that not once did my back end slide, to test my theory, I even gunned it in the middle of a turn in the pouring rain to get the rears to slip and it never once did it. The KDWs are fucking awesome with a real diff in the rear end. None of that torsen shit.

You should upgrade so you dont lose it next time if you're still on stock diff. :)

·
652 Posts
I have some 245 40 18 on the front and some 275 45 18 on the back....

6sp Black on Tan BPU+++

Stock diff..

The body shop has some pictures of the damage but I wanted absolutley no reminder of what happened to it... So no pictures.

Trust me, It was fucked up.

Thomas Kenyon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts