Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good bodyshop in socal? Preferably around LA or OC area. Need to fix a few dings, rockchip, and repaint my targa and front bumper. Thanks.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
123 Posts
2020 in City of Industry. By far the best. Ask Ken Henderson.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,465 Posts
2020 in City of Industry. By far the best. Ask Ken Henderson.
Ken Henderson will tell you to go somewhere else, he uses a different shop now.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,465 Posts
Ok so what does that mean? That 2020 isn't good anymore?

Also where does he go to now?

Thanks for some of the suggestions by the way guys :)
Your best bet is to shoot him a PM..:wavey:

·
Super Moderator
10,582 Posts
Ok so what does that mean? That 2020 isn't good anymore?

Also where does he go to now?

Thanks for some of the suggestions by the way guys :)
Mike (MDSUPERSTAR) is right. I do not recommend 20/20 because of my experience and that of a good friend with a TRD wide body. I've seen nice stock-bodied cars come out of there, though. My car was the last car built by SP Engineering that went to 20/20. They used to have an exclusive on SPE cars that needed paint and body work for any reason.

Since then, any work I've had done has been accomplished by Superior P.V. If interested, ask for Jonathan Lu (626) 401-2887. These guys, or anybody recommended to you by MDSUPERSTAR, will do you right.

Ken.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, I'll give Jon a call. My car is completely stock so I suppose going to 20/20 wouldn't be too bad? I just want to repaint the said items back to factory RSP color. Nothing too fancy. However I'm a little curious, mind sharing your experience with 20/20? We can do PMs if you're more comfortable with that.

Thanks for the help guys!

-James

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,465 Posts
I see, I'll give Jon a call. My car is completely stock so I suppose going to 20/20 wouldn't be too bad? I just want to repaint the said items back to factory RSP color. Nothing too fancy. However I'm a little curious, mind sharing your experience with 20/20? We can do PMs if you're more comfortable with that.

Thanks for the help guys!

-James
Just to chime in, the paint work I've seen done (on Ken's RR Sup) by Superior was excellent.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
123 Posts
the original owner of my car had the car painted there and it came out great. he said that kens car was there at the same time, so i assumed his looked just as good afterwards. sorry to hear about your troubles. ive always heard good things about them up until now. i guess it depends on personal experience. good luck!

·
Super Moderator
10,582 Posts
^^^No problem, Dvsir. No reason for you to think otherwise. I'm quite proud of the way my black car turned out. I just never made a big deal publicly about my issues and the fact I had Superior PV get the car in the shape it's in today as it relates to the hood, both front blister fenders and the front bumper cover. This was back in 2003 for both 20/20 and Superior P.V., so, considering its black and my goal was to get the fiberglass looking like sheet metal, I'm fairly satisfied how it looks four years later.

SupraJamez, I'll PM you sometime this weekend.

Ken.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
123 Posts
Your cars are gorgeous! By far some of my favorites ever! I'm looking forward to seeing your car(s) again in Vegas this year, this time I'll have my own for you to see! You planning on going to SILV again this year? How many years is that for you? I remember last year at the awards ceremony, you pretty much took them all, but they had a special award for longevity. That was cool! :bigthumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts