Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, This is starting to piss me off!! I'm cruising down the highway a GSXR650 wants to race! We're going about 60mph, and I down shifted to 3rd and floored it and the car bogged for a second then it started to boost and pull!! We tried it going about 90 and I down shifted to 4th and floored it and it did perfectly great!!

This morning I let the car warm up for about 5 min. then drove normal for about 10 miles and it drove fine. I was at the stop light on looking at the highway on the onramp, I floor it and spin all the way through 1st, shift to second floor it to redline, shift to third and it bogged??WTF!! So I let it bog and still floored it to red line and shift to 4th and had no problem. then let off because of the cop on the side of the road!!

Anyone shed any light on this for me??
Ryan

·
FTG & the IRL!
186 Posts
Can't help you on the bogging issue but as far as sportbikes go, you're wasting your time. I don't mean to be a smart a$$ but the current 600's will rip off mid 10 second quarter mile times and top out at 160+ . . . I love my Supra but I also ride a literbike and know there’s no way all but an extremely modified Supra would be a race for any modern 600 and up with a competent rider. Save your gas and let the bike rider get the ticket . . .

rcdsupra said:
Ok guys, This is starting to piss me off!! I'm cruising down the highway a GSXR650 wants to race! We're going about 60mph, and I down shifted to 3rd and floored it and the car bogged for a second then it started to boost and pull!! We tried it going about 90 and I down shifted to 4th and floored it and it did perfectly great!!

This morning I let the car warm up for about 5 min. then drove normal for about 10 miles and it drove fine. I was at the stop light on looking at the highway on the onramp, I floor it and spin all the way through 1st, shift to second floor it to redline, shift to third and it bogged??WTF!! So I let it bog and still floored it to red line and shift to 4th and had no problem. then let off because of the cop on the side of the road!!

Anyone shed any light on this for me??
Ryan

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Re: Re: Bogging only in 3rd!!

pb92supraturbo said:
there’s no way all but an extremely modified Supra would be a race for any modern 600 and up with a competent rider. Save your gas and let the bike rider get the ticket . . .
I thought the videos with the supra racing the turbo bussa was pretty cool. Supras taking down bikes is always fun to watch. I'm glad some don't mind wasting their gas;)

Does it engage into 3rd gear properly?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
most retarded thing i ever heard...most logical explaination is the clutch is slipping or maybe ur blow off valve is leaking to atmosphere real bad in 2nd gear giving u that rich condition when u unload in 3rd :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
most retarded thing i ever heard...most logical explaination is the clutch is slipping or maybe ur blow off valve is leaking to atmosphere real bad in 2nd gear giving u that rich condition when u unload in 3rd :D
A leaky bov will be leaky in all gears not exclusive just to 3rd. And his car is bogging out not how I would describe a clutch that is slipping. Now if his rpm’s are climbing but the car is going no where, then yes the clutch is probably slipping.

Y

·
0 Posts
my friend had problem resently, it started with the 4th, then 2nd and then finally nothing. we 1st thought it was the clutch, but it ended up being the transmission. hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
psifactor said:
A leaky bov will be leaky in all gears not exclusive just to 3rd. And his car is bogging out not how I would describe a clutch that is slipping. Now if his rpm’s are climbing but the car is going no where, then yes the clutch is probably slipping.
thanks for that scientific hypothesis kelly ;)

You build boost differently in different gears soo I thought it might have an effect on a sticky/leaky bov...and its kinda hard to describe bogging over the internet. Do your rpms go up and the car stays or does it sound like the engine is just staying put at a certain rpm?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well my pressure plate decided to take a crap last night at the track. It would just sit there and scream but not move.

It probably has something to do with the way his 3rd gear is engaging.

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys,
I know that it sounds really stupid but it's the only gear that does it!! It feels just like fuel cut. I only have 1500 miles on my RPS Stg 3 with the Maxx PP! I cut 2.0 60' on street tires. The clutch works fine. I leaning more towards leaky BOV!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts