Supra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
You know on top of building my car that never once occurred to me? Don't be silly. Not in a position to do that now or else I would.

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,571 Posts
You know on top of building my car that never once occurred to me? Don't be silly. Not in a position to do that now or else I would.
Hardly being silly. Sounds like a pretty logical thing to do since you have the part and its pretty safe to assume you also have a supra. I'd much rather take my own measurements and assessment on a part than ask the internet.

Lots of people are lazy, if you're in a position where you cant then that's one thing but it was merely a suggestion. When I did my big Brembos, there was no asking as no one had done it, had to take it upon my self to get all the answers.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I hear you. I currently have my r154 on the ground waiting for my clutch release hub kit to come in. If i can tackle that one then the caliper fitting is abc's. I just don't have the calipers in hand for the moment and want to know 100% so i can purchase the 2000-2002 versions so ill have no down time when ready to the brakes after the transmission, cams , manifold etc....

·
Registered
363 Posts
I’m only finding plastic hub centric ring adapters. Does anyone have a US source for some aluminum ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,927 Posts
I’m only finding plastic hub centric ring adapters. Does anyone have a US source for some aluminum ones?

Ebay and Amazon have a ton.

https://www.amazon.com/Hubcentric-Rings-Pack-Aluminum-Centerbore/dp/B00DIK45WI

For anyone interested in speed bleeders for the Mercedes calipers, part # SB8125L from Goodridge is the correct part number. You have to thread them almost all the way in, but those are the ones. Unsure on the rears yet, still have to look.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bolt on 4-Piston front MB brakes & 2-Piston rear Evo brakes

Thank you, much appreciated. I’m still not seeing 68-60.1 metal rings. Plastic yes, but no metal.

Are the plastic rings an absolute no-no?

·
4,927 Posts
Thank you, much appreciated. I’m still not seeing 68-60.1 metal rings. Plastic yes, but no metal.

Are the plastic rings an absolute no-no?

I wouldn't use plastic near the brake rotors.

Click the link I posted lol, it'll bring you right to a set of aluminum hubcentric rings that are 67.1 mm to 60.1 mm (which are the sizes you need).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bolt on 4-Piston front MB brakes & 2-Piston rear Evo brakes

I wouldn't use plastic near the brake rotors.

Click the link I posted lol, it'll bring you right to a set of aluminum hubcentric rings that are 67.1 mm to 60.1 mm (which are the sizes you need).
Isn’t 68.0 mm the size we need for the 350z rotors?

Edit: just realized the 67.1mm are for the Mercedes rotors (R350). In which case I assume we want the 330 mm rotors and not the 350mm ?

·
4,927 Posts
Isn’t 68.0 mm the size we need for the 350z rotors?

Edit: just realized the 67.1mm are for the Mercedes rotors (R350). In which case I assume we want the 330 mm rotors and not the 350mm ?

Aha, yes you are right. If you use the Mercedes rotors you need 67.1, 350Z rotors are 68.0 (judging from past posts anyways, I used the Mercedes rotors). I can't find a source for any rings that go from 68.0 to 60.1, they seem rare.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I guess it’s going to be the 13” Mercedes rotors for me based on the ring availability.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wonder if the 350z rotors have a different offset? The only reason to not use the MB rotors that are proven and work would be if there was a rotor that was backset slightly more and allowed you to mount the calipers without washers. This would buy another 5-7mm to clear wheels which has been a bit of an issue for me.

Another question, has anyone had any luck finding 2 piece R350 rotors? I looked a bit and it seemed like StopTech were the best option out there but I would love to go 2 piece for weight if possible.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wonder if the 350z rotors have a different offset? The only reason to not use the MB rotors that are proven and work would be if there was a rotor that was backset slightly more and allowed you to mount the calipers without washers. This would buy another 5-7mm to clear wheels which has been a bit of an issue for me.

Another question, has anyone had any luck finding 2 piece R350 rotors? I looked a bit and it seemed like StopTech were the best option out there but I would love to go 2 piece for weight if possible.
yeah, it would be my preference to not use spacers too. I'm hoping to install mine later this year or over the winter next year.

·
Registered
170 Posts
they bolted up , but i had to get wheel spacer to clear my rims(18" RPF1s) i'm using 25 mm but i believe 20 mm would have worked. Now i have slight tire exposure, but not a lot. I will probably swap out to the 20mm down the road.

These breaks Work!!! did a 250Km/h pull and they worked great. What this car should have came with to begin with :(

Now time to address the rears. Aside from the evo, anything else? The mk4 rears i heard work too?

101 - 120 of 133 Posts