Supra Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
More Like GrayGoose89
762 Posts
Why would we NOT want the 350mm rotors to ensure full pad coverage? I don’t like the idea of the 330mm and the pads on the edge and it looking like too small of a rotor for the caliper

·
Registered
170 Posts
FOr the rear evo brake calipers - 08 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO look identical to the 03-05 rear calipers. Are there any differences that isn't shown in pictures?

·
Registered
38 Posts
they bolted up , but i had to get wheel spacer to clear my rims(18" RPF1s) i'm using 25 mm but i believe 20 mm would have worked. Now i have slight tire exposure, but not a lot. I will probably swap out to the 20mm down the road.

These breaks Work!!! did a 250Km/h pull and they worked great. What this car should have came with to begin with :(

Now time to address the rears. Aside from the evo, anything else? The mk4 rears i heard work too?
I know its a fairly old thread but have some questions.

What offset are your RPF1s without the spacer? I'm looking at doing this mod but don't want to if the wheels I want won't clear.

Also has anyone tried this rotor MB 4474210012? Apparently fits but have yet to find a thread on it. Someone posted on facebook about it being an option. Comes on the 2018 MB Metris Van. Can get pretty cheap on rockauto. Claims to not need washers which I assume would help with wheel clearance?

Any updates to other possible parts to use? I'd like to collect it all and store on my site because doing so on a forum or on facebook will get buried in the comments with corrections or possible other solutions.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know its a fairly old thread but have some questions.

What offset are your RPF1s without the spacer? I'm looking at doing this mod but don't want to if the wheels I want won't clear.

Also has anyone tried this rotor MB 4474210012? Apparently fits but have yet to find a thread on it. Someone posted on facebook about it being an option. Comes on the 2018 MB Metris Van. Can get pretty cheap on rockauto. Claims to not need washers which I assume would help with wheel clearance?

Any updates to other possible parts to use? I'd like to collect it all and store on my site because doing so on a forum or on facebook will get buried in the comments with corrections or possible other solutions.
When I search that pn all that comes up is 300mm listings so I would say that it will not work unless you are ok with pad overhang.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Bolt on 4-Piston front MB brakes & 2-Piston rear Evo brakes

Got my brake set up on. I have +30 work emotions in the front 18x8.5 and they clear by a mile.

Also, I had my hub centric rings for the rotors lathed to 0.268” thickness so they were flush with the rotor face. Paid a machine shop to do it instead of gumming them up myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I search that pn all that comes up is 300mm listings so I would say that it will not work unless you are ok with pad overhang.
Ah good point. Didn't even dawn on me to look at that. Thanks man.

And Elibutton, those look nice. How did you spray on that brembo logo?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I picked up some cheap high temp vinyl decals off eBay, then sprayed high temp clear over them.

I used the r350 rotors. Picked up the slotted stop tech version off Rock Auto. A little pricey but they look and perform nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
4,927 Posts
No downside with slotted rotors, no.

I've been having some very annoying issues with the rear pad material. I originally purchased HPS pads (5.0 material) for the Evo rear brakes, and unless I heated them up a LOT they wouldn't have any initial bite. This was aggravating for brake boosting at the drag strip, at least half of the time I'd push through the brakes.

According to this site on page 2: https://www.tirerack.com/images/pdf/product/Hawk-Compound-Charts.pdf what I'm seeing is pretty obvious, the pad needs to be heated up before it really grabs.

I bought some HPS HP plus pads (part # HB180N.560) which, according to that chart on page 2, has excellent initial bite, and man, its a world of difference. Initial bite is amazing no matter the outside temperature and I haven't pushed through the brakes once.

For what its worth!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had any luck getting the MK4 NA wheels to fit with this brake setup? I've heard that with a spacer they might fit.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Posting this here for future reference. These are the pads I'm using with this setup (with hella pagid R350 rotors) and they work excellent. Really good bite and fade resistance. No squeals as long as the usual anti squeal grease is applied to the piston contact area. I wore a set out now and had to figure out what pad brand and number I had installed so posting this here so I can find it easier, hopefully, next time.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts