Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know in the forums or on line were there on flat out full bolt on kits for a MK3 na to make it a turbo mk3 out of a n/a?

I want a kit that comes with everything. this summer i am buying another supra and gonna make mine a turboed one and i am just gonna pull the motor so i can paint the full car and i want a kit that has everything already in it :stickpoke

·
SMFL
223 Posts
Not anymore. Warm up your time machine for the late 80's. HKS had 3, and Cartech had 1 off the top of my head. Perhaps you could find one on ebay....

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
CRE said:
So, anyone know how the old bolt-on kits handled the oil return from the turbo?
I would assume they just drilled the side of the sump and welded a fitting on.

·
Registered
601 Posts
There is one place that I found on the net awhile back but it totally wasnt worth it. I cant find the site for the life of me though. Im sure someone on here posted it up but my search is down. Anyhow if I recall corectly they wanted somewhere around $3000 or so. At that kind of money you could just buy a GTE and drop it in your MK3. IF you are truly interested in turboing your NA then just use a GTE turbo kit. Theres several guys on here who have done it. Not trying to deter you or anything but turboing your NA is something most of us NA guys have given great amounts of thought to and most come to the conclusion that its easier to just swap to a turbo motor. If you dont believe me ask the guys who have turbo'd their NA and they will tell you to go a different route. I know cause Ive asked most of them and done a rediculous amount of research on this. Anyways thats just my .02 cents. Good luck on the pursuit of turbo power no matter which road you take. I will be there myself in about a year

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright saint in that case where would you go to get a turboed motor or swap? or could i do it like i did my old 240sx swap and i just got a front clip? you know what i mean this is my 1st supra to own so i dont know which way would be the fastest and easiest to complete.

·
Registered
520 Posts
look on www.jarcoinc.com they have clips and motors. a 7mgte motor is probably the easiest way to go as they are not very expensive and you won't have to worry about trying to piece together a swap. not to mention they will have an ecu and harness which will make things a bit easier than trying to use GE electronics I would think.

·
Powerful Jedi.....
474 Posts
Best way to do it would be just get the turbo and turbo electronics. It's cheaper and you won't have to throw away your na motor. All you need is:

- Turbo harness
- Turbo ecu
- CPS
- Coil packs
- Turbo AFM
- Turbo injectors
- Igniter
- CT26 turbo
- Turbo header
- Turbo downpipe

That's about it. Just bolt everything up and swap out the electronics and your done. As long as your boosting only to stock fuel cut, absolutely no problems.
PM me if you need anymore info.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Shred said:
Since there is a factory return on the top of the oil pan, no need to add another.
If that's the case, the how do all the NA-T guys keep missing it? Sorry, but I've never heard/read anything about one existing, got a pic of where it's at?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts