Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a big n00b question.. what turbos bolt on the stock 7m manifold including internal wastegates.. i was sure that the only way was the upgraded CT26 but some say different is this true? if so what ones are there

thanks

ps. i have been reading on the sp61 but i think that uses external wastegate?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
there are several, depending on what you want and how much you want to spend. you can get them w/ an int gate or spending an addtl $200 for the external setup.

options:
3" inlet

sp61gt
sp58
sp63
sp66

4" inlet

SP67
SP67HO
SP67HO antisurge
SP70, 72 antisurge
SP74
SP71 antisurge

spssgt700 ball bearing

all of these use the turbonetics turbine cast as far as i know, which is kinda small compared to a T4 turbine housing. for the smaller 3" inlet turbos look to spend 1k-2k and for the 4" inlet 2k-2.4k

hope this helps

dave

J

·
0 Posts
Actually the only one to use the turbonetics cast CT-26 style turbine housing is the SP61GT, the rest are full T4 exhaust side.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
JalopySiR said:
Actually the only one to use the turbonetics cast CT-26 style turbine housing is the SP61GT, the rest are full T4 exhaust side.
Yes that's right but SP also makes them with the adapter flange to bolt up to the stock mani so in the instance of SP, just about any of their small to mid size turbos can and will bolt up with the kits they make.

·
2,198 Posts
yes i was talkin bout the sp bolt on turbos for the 7m larry is offering. i wasnt aware they were just adapters. in that case it would have been easier for larry to say "we now make an adapter to fit up any of our turbos from x to x" it would also be helpful if they updated their website ;) still tho, using an adapter fitting a ts04 cover turbo is kinda tricky.
sorry for the confusion, i was merely stating what larry had advertised as "bolt on turbos"

dave

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
dbsupra said:
yes i was talkin bout the sp bolt on turbos for the 7m larry is offering. i wasnt aware they were just adapters. in that case it would have been easier for larry to say "we now make an adapter to fit up any of our turbos from x to x" it would also be helpful if they updated their website ;) still tho, using an adapter fitting a ts04 cover turbo is kinda tricky.
sorry for the confusion, i was merely stating what larry had advertised as "bolt on turbos"

dave
Actually wait I'm wrong. I said that wrong at least.

They use their turbos w/ T4 housings and keep the same flanges, but drill holes in them to accomodate the CT bolt pattern. So you have a T4 flanged turbo and it will overlap a little bit, but it fits the CT manifold. At least from the pictures i have seen, that's what it looks like.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Trent said:
Actually wait I'm wrong. I said that wrong at least.

They use their turbos w/ T4 housings and keep the same flanges, but drill holes in them to accomodate the CT bolt pattern. So you have a T4 flanged turbo and it will overlap a little bit, but it fits the CT manifold. At least from the pictures i have seen, that's what it looks like.

how will that effect the flow? using a stock manifold is pretty restrictive right, especially using a turbo that will flow that much? does not seem like you would beable to get anywhere close to what most of those turbos are capable of flowing. correct me if im wrong.

·
2,198 Posts
you are 100% correct. the manifold will choke before these turbos will. you can port the stocker which will help some, but to unlock their full potential you need an aftermarket better flowing manifold.

here is a pic of the manifold i am using

·
Registered
520 Posts
dbsupra said:
you are 100% correct. the manifold will choke before these turbos will. you can port the stocker which will help some, but to unlock their full potential you need an aftermarket better flowing manifold.

here is a pic of the manifold i am using

thanks for clearing that up, thats a nice looking setup there. what kind of flange is that? it looks triangle, i have never seen a flange like that before. the t4 flange is a rectangle right? please excuse my ignorance.

·
2,198 Posts
Trent said:
That's a PT flage. They use that flange on their manifolds and turbos IIRC.
thanks 91! a t4 flange is square.

yes its 3 bolt flange to fit up my pt61 w/ a grand national upgrade turbine housing.
manifold is a custom unit from boostwerx. there is nearly the same amount of time put into porting it as building it, as you can see from the pic. so far the setup has worked well.

dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts