1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,389 Posts
improper torque?

u can use some threadlocker blue

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
chitwnsazn said:
these bolts keep coming loose. What could be the problem? I'm not even boosting much at all
Are you using bolts or studs ?

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yeah also, my intercooler pipe keeps slipping off my maf adapter. I've just started tuning to 10 psi... I'm running a blow through set up and was able to find only a plastic adapter and it isn't rolled at the end. Can anyone direct me to where I could find an aluminum maf adapter?

· Registered
154 Posts
michaelvanle said:
I dunno. Before I hand torqued it using a regular old wrench and a hammer. It still came loose. When I actually use a torque wrench (which is longer and has more leverage), it stayed good.
It's not clear what you mean by "torque wrench." I take it to mean a wrench which allows you to measure and control how much force is applied to a fastener. Fasteners that attach to the head should be tightened to spec. per the FSM. Overtightening can cause structural problems when metals heat up. I have found that by letting the properly torqued fasteners sit for a while then re-checking them gives good results. Gaskets do tend to "relax" a bit after pressure is applied.

· Registered
2,389 Posts
Your supposed to torque them down, run the car for a bit and allow it all to warm up, then check the torque again.

· Cheifbootknocka
2,117 Posts
greggf said:
It's not clear what you mean by "torque wrench." I take it to mean a wrench which allows you to measure and control how much force is applied to a fastener. .
That is correct, you can get them most anywhere that sells hand tools

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.