Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wheel slip
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input on if I should just hunt down the original BOMEX side skirts and rear skirts or go with a company that produces replicas. If I have no other option other than replicas, what company is the best? I need help, my car will be painted soon and my painter wants them ASAP! Thanks for any help/advice in advance!

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
If you want them ASAP get replicas, because Bomex is no longer a very good company. I have some original bomex sides that are still uninstalled just sitting in my parents house for like 4 years... Took a while to get them, but with people doing blue fibreglass knock-offs now its superior as it resists cracking and whatnot far better than standard fibreglass, although that is far more of an issue for the front bumper.

Also, I don't know if you like the style but spoilers etc makes a knock off style kalimari rear for the MKIII that looks real nice and is the whole rear instead of two small inserts for less than 300 last I checked, albeit that was a while ago.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
I've heard too many people complain about Bomex's quality lately to buy frlom them. Talk to Shineautoproject here or ask Supranikolai, they can both hook you up on some great replicas.

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
I've heard too many people complain about Bomex's quality lately to buy frlom them. Talk to Shineautoproject here or ask Supranikolai, they can both hook you up on some great replicas.
yep they've went downhill bad. And yes the site posted above is the offical bomex site.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
For what its worth, I just got a Trail lip made by Shine Auto, and it is a VERY nice piece, I am very impressed by the quality. I am a body tech and see allot or crap fiberglass parts, but the Shine parts are very good.

·
Wheel slip
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I have dealt with Shineauto and am pleased with the products they sale but didn't know about the side and rear skirts! Thank you guys very much!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Shineauto had to FIX their real Bomex whaletail before making a mold of it because the fitment was so horrible...

The story I've heard for a very reputable retailer is that Bomex was tired of knock-offs, so they decided to play their game. They went to China (originally they where all made in Japan), and had them mass produced like the replicas, but in very poor quality. They also knocked the price down. That wasn't the worst part. The worst part is their customer service. This retailer ordered a complete kit for a customer. He called them a month later, said they had something like 3 of the 8 parts. Next month, 6 of the 8. Next month 4 of the 8. WTF!!! They had SOLD those parts to another customer.

Genuine Bomex FTL...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts