Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of Bomex side skirts and rear skirts. They are used and already painted a different color then my Supra.

Should I mount them first and have them stripped and re-painted while on the Supra which might not turn out as good; or should I take them down and have them stripped and painted and then mount them afterwards, possibly risking damage to the new paintjob?

Also, how much should I expect to pay to have this done? Note that I am not having the entire car repainted, just the body kit parts painted Super Red II to match the rest of my car.

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
Mock mount them while they are a diffrent color, make sure everything lines up and so on.. Cut/shave anything that needs to be. Take them off. scuff them , prime them and paint them then put them back on the car.

Wa-la holes are already drilled for your car' and they will fit perfect.

·
Registered
449 Posts
yeup...
do'nt strip them.. that is a waste of time...
depending on the condition of the skirts and such...
if they are in good condition w/out any chips then use a DA...and prime those chips..
wetsand the whole thing with 4 or 600....bam paint it...
you might have a slight problem with the color not matching...but some people may be able to doctor up the paint for you..
good luck

N

·
0 Posts
Ya, depending on how old the original paint is and how much its been exposed too, might see the difference in the reds... hope not tho :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts