Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone install rear sideskirts on a mkiii? what type of screws and how do u mold in the rear skirts?

·
Take it!
996 Posts
I like how the bomex rears are not molded onto the body...that way if you change your mind or decide to part out it will be easy to take off. Just make sure you paint them the same color. Everybody likes it a different way molded or not...do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
696 Posts
i just put my skirts on my car at work, i used a small screw and screwed the top rear of the skirt to the rear bumber, the front of the skirts are easy just drill use thoes lil U clip thingies, cant remember what there called, but the clip on a flat pice of metal and it acts like a hole for a screw, but when i mold my skirt to the bumper im gunna take the screw out and glue it.
as for the rocker pannel skirts i used 1 screw on the front and then one on the back, then under the car i drilled into the bottom of the car and inserted a plastic tab that goes in but doesnt come out lol, sry i dont know the name of these things but thats how i got mine on and they look kick ass!
good luck

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i don't think i'll be molding my bomex rear's.bonding urethane which is super flexable to rigid fiberglass doesn't sound like a good idea.i agree it would look better,that is till it crack's.

·
4,627 Posts
i don't think i'll be molding my bomex rear's.bonding urethane which is super flexable to rigid fiberglass doesn't sound like a good idea.i agree it would look better,that is till it crack's.
X2 I was thinking that :1poke:

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
If you use the right material it wont crack, my rears are molded and looks great =D 2yrs without any problems and lots of abuse.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
mine don't have a gap like that.somebody need's to make a fiberglass rear bumper,so moulding would be easier;)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ok Zoonween, what's the right material for molding it?

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Zoon just wanted to show off is car. LOL anywho, if they are not aligned, just fasten them down. They do NOT have to be molded to not have a gap like that.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the reason why i ask how to mold the sideskirts in because i personally think it looks alot better as if it is one whole bumper. i just whanna know exactly all the steps and materials are used to get it done. i like zoonween photo he shows looks nice.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts