Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it look funny? There are a couple of guys with this wing but i think most, if not all, have wide body kits. Anyone have pics of the rear wing on a stock body supra from the rear??


Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? I cna find any pics of this wing on a stock body supra..

Are there any other similar wings that would look good? Opinions welcome... :bigthumb:
 

·
Flush 19" wheel club
Joined
·
535 Posts
Brent,
not sure if this is what you're looking for but here's some old pics when I had the
whailtail. The car is not a widebody but does have a full kit. It's a love it or hate it
look but imo the wing would look great as long as you're lowered with wheels. Not
sure how it would look on a bonestock non lowered car though.



 

·
I pretend to be fast
Joined
·
1,030 Posts
Maybe with a kit that would look ok. Myself, I'm not a hugh fan of it. I think the stock wing is the best one out there for this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
::swedemix:: said:
Brent,
not sure if this is what you're looking for but here's some old pics when I had the
whailtail. The car is not a widebody but does have a full kit. It's a love it or hate it
look but imo the wing would look great as long as you're lowered with wheels. Not
sure how it would look on a bonestock non lowered car though.
Swedemix - your car was the whole reason I started liking the whale tail. Until then I didn't like it at all... and you are right, I am finding out that most members don't like it at all. :dunno:

I have some other body mods planned too, and I think the wing would look nice with what I am planning... your supra doesn't have a wide-body kit on it does it?
One thing I need to do it lower the car...it sits about an inch too high(stock) now, this will definately have to be resolved as well...

Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,197 Posts
DawgOnIT said:
Swedemix - your car was the whole reason I started liking the whale tail. Until then I didn't like it at all... and you are right, I am finding out that most members don't like it at all. :dunno:

I have some other body mods planned too, and I think the wing would look nice with what I am planning... your supra doesn't have a wide-body kit on it does it?
One thing I need to do it lower the car...it sits about an inch too high(stock) now, this will definately have to be resolved as well...

Brent
Swedemix does not have a widebody as stated before. I sold one of these to a local guy on here, I'll find the pictures here real quick. Fortunantely I quit carrying Bomex products due to there horrible service and quality, glad to say this was the last Bomex product I sold!



Regards,
Kevin
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yea i used to be a fan of the whaletail but realized i didnt really like it....


(Off topic- How do you give rep points?)
 

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
JuSt8UrV8 said:
Yea i used to be a fan of the whaletail but realized i didnt really like it....


(Off topic- How do you give rep points?)
By hitting the little scale icon on the bottom left hand side of the persons post.
 

·
SF's Cleanest
Joined
·
7,179 Posts
Funny I saw this thread. On my way to the atlanta dragway yesterday i saw a baltic supra , stock bodied with bomex wing. I'm not a big fan of the wing, but the car didn't look bad at all from a distance. It looked completely stock, (exception of ww lip) and it had the bomex whale tale. I thought it looked good from where I was, but it was only for a split second on the other side of the highway.
 

·
CHP's prime suspect
Joined
·
403 Posts
this i the whale tale just test fitted on my supra.. it looks fugly w/o the rest of the body kit. hope this helps

courtesy of modellistadesigns :bigthumb:


 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top