Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought 88' Supra Turbo and when I hit the gas it sounds like CypressHill hitting on bong through the vents. Previous owner seems to think it was always like that.

I fished a line throug the vents looking for trapped water, but did not find any moisture whatsoever

Has anyone comw across this before or is that normal.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
search for "Waterfall" under the MKIII sections,...its common, and it could be a couple things..

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
www.supras.com click on sogi.. very common praw but this is the first time i have ever heard it compaired to cypress hill taking a bong hit but lol damn thats a good one.... heres what to do but next time search some. im jsut in a good mood and wont flame
1. when the car is cold jack up the front end pop the hood and remove the radiator cap
2. put a funnel in the radiator and fll it w/ antifreeze and turn on the heater.
3. open a cold one for you and wait 15-20 mins filling the funnel as needed. that sound is trapped air in the cooling section and u are burping it out
4. top off rad. put cap on rad. lower the car sit in it and rev a few times to make sure the praw is fixed. if not...might be something more difficult..gluck b and welcome..i like the avator too :)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
if thats the best way you can describe it, then you need to spend more time on your car.

do as mkIIINA mentioned, adding to that, make sure your heater core is working properly also and most important do a compression test, water noise behind the dash or vents could be an early sign of a BHG

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's your problem

What's your problem ........ if you can't see the humor keep your negative comments to yourself, MKIIINA saw the humor in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts