Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i decided i'd share this story with everybody....Its finally nice in Wisconsin today, near 70 degrees so I decide to take the supra out. I keep it on low boost about 9lbs for a few minutes just cruising around, then i decide to crank her up a bit to 15lbs. Well im still on the stock turbo and I still have the stock lower plastic IC pipe...well im driving and all of a sudden i hear the loudest BOOM! right at about 5500 rpm...it was so loud i thought my motor was done for sure. The car shut off and i coasted into my driveway(thank god i was by my house). I open the hood and the entire plastic lower IC pipe is in a million pieces, I couldnt believe it. Anybody else have that happen to them? What happened tonight really scared the shit out of me.

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
lol. nice... the only thing you blew was the lower IC?

where in WI are you?

I'm in southeastern WI, racine county, south of Milwaukee, in a little town called waterford.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im in green bay...yeah i was lucky the only thing that blew to pieces was the shitty stock lower IC plastic pipe that goes through the fender.....but it was so loud it sounded like a damn piston shot through the hood

·
Take it!
996 Posts
great scott! never heard that before! do you know what caused that to happen?? Now this is something i hope that doesn't happen on my car! By the way, was anything damaged by the "BOOM" of the IC pipe.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
That is pretty crazy, I've popped off some IC pipes before but nothing as crazy as that. Pretty impressive for a stock ct26. However I don't know if its good or bad that you managed to do that. :bigthumb:

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluesupra2nv <-- wtf? Replica rims eh... and weren't you banned?? aight peace :run: and wow... all this money on this $1K+ paint job and can't even afford lower ic pipes and on stock turbo eh? lol...

edit- wait aminute on the cardomain site it says "2.5" lower IC pipes" I wonder?? :rolleyes:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Pictures of the carnage?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I dont understand why this kid has to be bashed about off-topic shit in his threads. He actual made an attempt at making a mk3 look great and isnt just about a big turbo and a dyno chart...I guess we have to ban those people off the forums :dunno:

Take pix of the blown pipe :bigthumb:

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
I dont understand why this kid has to be bashed about off-topic shit in his threads. He actual made an attempt at making a mk3 look great and isnt just about a big turbo and a dyno chart...I guess we have to ban those people off the forums :dunno:

Take pix of the blown pipe :bigthumb:
he was banned TWICE now...for physically threatening a moderator. is that enough for you?

as for the IC pipes...i see you have a hardpipe up top...why not the lower pipes as well?

i dont see the point in doing it halfassed like that.....

also you might want to check out your turbo and your IC and everything else in line with that "circuit" as chips and pieces could have easily been sent flying into various parts of your engine...

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
last night i blew off my 3000 pipe from my throttle body. i need hardpipes and t-bolt clamps...in process of getting my material..:p:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Boostaddctn:
"and wow... all this money on this $1K+ paint job and can't even afford lower ic pipes and on stock turbo eh? lol..."

Um it was a 5,000.00 paint job thank u very much, and you know that too but you insist on trying to cause fights, whats with you anyways?

And for the lower IC pipe....i do have hardpipes on the top yes...i do have one lower IC pipe from the Turbo to the IC thats a hardpipe 2.5" mandrel bent...i just couldnt find one that runs through the fender, so im trying to get the demisions down today and have one fabricated up for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts