Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
71 Millimeters
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im running 20psi on my 94 bpu++ Supra.....every time i drive around boost goes to 10psi and sits at 10psi until it jumps to 15psi at 4000rpm(2nd turbo). I can never hit 20psi in the streets or in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. Now when im on the highway it goes to 20psi with ease in 4th, 5th, and 6th. ??????????? someone please help!!!

·
'95 TT
668 Posts
Are you talking about spiking to 20 psi or holding 20 psi to redline?

I can spike 20+ psi in third and up but it only holds about 18-19 to redline for every gear except first. Please make sure you have some 100 octane in your tank. That's too much boost for pump gas.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
You can't hit 20psi in 1st gear, there's not enough load. Sounds like you don't understand basic turbo functionality. I would suggest reviewing past posts on this forum or a more general Google search on turbo operation.

·
10'S BABY
3,835 Posts
crossways said:
You can't hit 20psi in 1st gear, there's not enough load. Sounds like you don't understand basic turbo functionality. I would suggest reviewing past posts on this forum or a more general Google search on turbo operation.

Well put. You will never hit that much boost in 1st.
BTW..what type of exhaust are you running off of the turbo, downpipe, and catback?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts