Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a Boostlogic kit, T67 turbo with the HKS 50mm wastegate and 1.1bar spring. Generally I've been able to run 16-17psi on my low boost setting. Lately I've been hitting boost cut at 19psi on pump gas. I wanted to see if the gm boost solenoid was acting up, so I pulled the hose on the wastegate and I'm still running around 18-19psi. I'm stumped at this point, not sure if the problem is with the Wastegate or something else, like crack in the pressure source hose going to the wastegate. Any ideas?

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
boost cut has nothing to do with boost control... im guessing you are using aem with the gm boost selenoid to control boost, what is your boost cut set at in the aem?

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boost cut has nothing to do with boost control... im guessing you are using aem with the gm boost selenoid to control boost, what is your boost cut set at in the aem?

I was hitting boost cut at 19psi = that's what I have boost cut set at in the AEM.
I am using the GM boost solenoid, but type of boost control shouldn't matter. Running off the waste gate spring will boost over 1.1bar which leads me to believe something is wrong.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Cold weather can make your base boost higher sometimes. If it isn't the weather, it is either the wastegate or the hose going to the side port of it.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cold weather can make your base boost higher sometimes. If it isn't the weather, it is either the wastegate or the hose going to the side port of it.
I'm 99% sure it's not the weather since it's not that cold here now... I've been in colder situations and it's held 16psi. I'll check the vacuum source to the waste gate for cracks and if that checks out looks like the WG will be coming off. :eek3:

Thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts