Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
New Mexico Boost Frog
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after shimming my wastegate. I come to realize that my used MKIII has, a MBC. I did'nt know what it was at first. If you read my last posts about missing boost.

I had closed the MBC to lowest setting. So now I have waste gate shimmied and I realize hey that looks like the other style of ghetto MBC. And sure enough I figured out how to adjust it.

Luckly I tighten is turn down not up so I did accisentally put in 20 lbs or something.

But now MBC is on and waste gate is shimmied.

What should I do unshimmy it or what. Please help still NOOB BOY here.

Thanks again guys.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
If you are boosting what you want to, then leave it. I know people who have shimmed to ~10.5 and then used a MBC to raise it to 13. If its too high and the MBC is all te way down, then you will need to remove some of the shims.

3,796 Posts
KermitTheFrayer said:
Luckly I tighten is turn down not up so I did accisentally put in 20 lbs or something.
:scratch:

I think your are saying that you tightened the MBC down and now you are overboosting?

If so....LOOSEN the MBC all the way so it can let air through...If the shimmed wastegate isnt enough for you just tighten the MBC little by little until you achieve the desired boost levels.

·
New Mexico Boost Frog
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Boost control issues!

Silver88Turbo said:
:scratch:

I think your are saying that you tightened the MBC down and now you are overboosting?

If so....LOOSEN the MBC all the way so it can let air through...If the shimmed wastegate isnt enough for you just tighten the MBC little by little until you achieve the desired boost levels.

No no I changed the air filter beforew shimming. And I was randomly tightening things and turned it all the way down. Then shimmed, then realized MBC was there now have it around 10-12.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
I say just do one or the other and if you do one then MNC cause i'm not a big technical guy but shimming seams to put undo stress an a 14ish yr. old spring/part

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
oh, and the apexi power intake that your talking about in your sig works really well. best filtration properties of any filter. sounds cool too, turbo is a little louder with intake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts