Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heyooo!
So i needed a new HG and got a Greddy 2.0mm. Before install the CT26 was

putting out around 11-12lbs with a Profect B spec 2. I had my mechanic install the

Head Gasket and that workes awsome now, no issues... EXCEPT, i make stock

boost. It wont boost past stock, and is consistant everytime.

I checked the vacume tubing a couple times, checked all the wiring, I even tried

swapping out the computer part of the BC with a new one and still got nothing

any different. So im out of ideas....any help?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
well since someone was in there, id take a look at that again. sure it isnt something silly like the hoses on the solenoid are reversed?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh that thing has been checked so many times, im sure its right. ill just have to replace the solenoid when i get the money, do you guys think I should stick with the Profect B?

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
I have never used it but I like the design...I heard it is prone to spiking.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
check the boost controller. make sure there are no leaks and make sure he didnt fry the poor thing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah well if there was a boost leak wouldnt i be in consistant? its very consistant, it always boosts as if it were at stock

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
I have the Profec B and have had no problems with it. It is not prone to spiking. I have more of a problem with boost creep really, but that's cause I run an upgraded CT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought my first Supra a couple weeks ago, I shold be reieving it this week......I really hope! At the latest next week. Its estimated around 450 HP, so my guess around 400 at the wheels, that should be a good estimate.

So, I'm a little knew to all this electronic stuff, so at the moment is has:

TRUST GReddy Rebic LC
HKS manual boost controller

So pretty much from what I read the TRUST is pretty much out dated, but some others seem to like them still, not sure what to do with it. So I guess I will go with a fuel cut off, turbo timber, and electronic boost controller. Other suggestions? Boost guage, read that the stock one does not read true, is there a in dash replacement, or no? Just stick with a aftermarket pod mount one?

So I'm looking for suggestions. I've been reading a lot on the forums, but can not come to a final conclusion what everyone suggests.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Start your own thread! :wtflol:

Yes get an aftermarket boost gauge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts