Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys...I did the Blitz SBC-ID and Power-ID install today.... pretty straight forward, no major complaints.... but I do have a few questions on the tech part of everything...

1. When the sbcid is set to a specific channel with the manual setting, I notice that the solinoid makes a clicking noise... is this normal???

2. after the installation of the sbcid, powerid, and the Greddy BCC, I notice at the [!] - ABS - TRACK OFF lights come on from time to time when I go over a bump... and they didnt do that before...

3. The foglights in the headlights stoped working.. any ideas???

Thanks guys..>!!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Where did you tap the power from and what did you ground it to?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the power for both the Power id and the sbcid were to the power of my pioneer head unit

the ground is to the right corner of the panel under the steering wheel....

I tried to get power out of the "seat htr" fuse, but I couldnt fit it intot here...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't think of anything except maybe a short somewhere. Is the boost solenoid or wiring anywhere near any of those systems? Is your radio effected when the solenoid makes the clicking noises?

I have the Z's instalation layout in my head. I'm trying to picture a Supra engine bay ;) ..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope... no noise or anything else from the radio... and boost comes on totally fine.. I have heard that this is a normal problem... or just normal.... hmm...

any suggestions about the fogs?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
did you check the fuses????mabe you left something unpluged also and check the bulbs to make sure there good!
SpdRcr0 said:
nope... no noise or anything else from the radio... and boost comes on totally fine.. I have heard that this is a normal problem... or just normal.... hmm...

any suggestions about the fogs?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it normal for the solinoid to make clicking noises during boost

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the fog light problem was becuase both bulbs blew at the same time.. wierd...

okay.. and the [!] etc etc lights coming on... well I relized that I didnt bolt/tighten fully the neg terminal on the battery.. so every time I went over a bump, it would loose a bit of connection and cause those lights to go on.

Havent drove the car today, but Im assuming that the clicking from the solinoid is fairly normal... any info???

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SpdRcr0 said:
Im assuming that the clicking from the solinoid is fairly normal... any info???
I can't hear the solenoids over my engine... they are solenoids that open and close a valve so I assume they would click a little.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
the noise is normal!

·
Stock Twins King
4,400 Posts
I installed my SBC-iD about a month ago. It took about 6 hours.
Since this specific controller only has the ability to control one turbo, are you still running sequential? Doing so will put way too much boost demand on the rear turbo, like 8psi #1, 26psi in the rear. I am running now as single. I plan on converting back to sequential Monday by adding a manual Boost controller on the front turbo.
Man are there a lot of hoses to move around!

Stu

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@SpdRcr0

u mean that specific noise( klack, klack, klack ) as soon as the boostlevel hits over 0.00 bar - right?

yep - it is normal!

regards
marcus

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is it really better to convert to TTC? Im automatic.. will it be okay and when will boost start to build up... now it starts at like 2k rpm.... and the second at like 4.... what will both start up at??

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@SpdRcr0

in TTC both Turbos will spool up at 4000 rpms! but have in mind that your car is a very lamer till both turbos start 2 scream.

something i' ve noticed with the SBC-ID is strange. unless u have your stock BOV in everything is fine no "boostspikes", but without the stock BOV boostspikes hitting 1.55 bar with the same settings. thats why i put my stock BOV back again. 2gether with the BLITZ BOV KIT and the following settings:

GAIN 10
SET 40

LIMITER 1.25 bar / 30%

the boost stops at 1.25 bar

regards
marcus

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Gang,

When you guys install boost controllers, etc, do you HAVE to tap/hack the ECU harness, or are there ways around it?
Are you using 3rd party add-on harness?

Jay :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
supra_10 said:
Gang,

When you guys install boost controllers, etc, do you HAVE to tap/hack the ECU harness, or are there ways around it?
Are you using 3rd party add-on harness?

Not for a boost controller (I-D at least) but for the powermeter you have to tap into the "speed" wire.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Thx, Carl.

Would you spend $175 + shipping for a Field's harness?
There's a post on this issue...I believe by RanGer498.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
supra_10 said:
Thx, Carl.

Would you spend $175 + shipping for a Field's harness?
There's a post on this issue...I believe by RanGer498.

probably not... I don't plan on selling my Z. If I do the mods will probably stay with it. Also, Blitz includes little clips with the powermeter that keep the splices clean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts