Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its prolly a very noob question...in fact, im pretty sure of it, but my curiousity gets the best of me...

ok, so since stock twins have 2 turbos, would it be possible to install 2 boost controllers? and is there a possible benefit to it? im thinking if higher boost can be obtained on the first turbo, wouldnt it be better on lower torque at sequential?

slam me if this dont make sense at all... haha

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then lets change the topic... wat is a good manual boost controller? non bleed off methods. i been looking up on hallman and turbosmart. any suggestions and personal exp?

·
Banned
752 Posts
ok, so since stock twins have 2 turbos, would it be possible to install 2 boost controllers? and is there a possible benefit to it? im thinking if higher boost can be obtained on the first turbo, wouldnt it be better on lower torque at sequential?
Yup. It works great. Stu Hagen did a write-up on it. I performed the modification and started a thread:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313978

There's a link to Stu's original thread in there too.

HTH,

Ken

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
475 Posts
^ i dont think so because the one on mkiv says it can lead to #2 turbo being slammed started and the thread on the mod Stu Hagen did says "eliminates the big jump from 8PSI to 18PSI when the second turbo comes on."

·
Banned
752 Posts
Thanks Mike!

I edited the link in the first post of my thread to point to that location. It looks like the old link wasn't working because it was a link to a search result, and there is no longer a SF search.

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
no...im just gonna leave it at that!!
You don't know what you are talking about, I'll just leave it at that.

Stu's mod is definately worth while on the pea shooters IMO.

Anyway, for those of you wanting to search SF, it's as easy as googling your search terms with "site:www.supraforums.com" added. It doesn't find the newest posts but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
with this mod, do i need another boost controller to control the boost of the 2 turbos together? or is one enough?

or can one boost controller replace the place of the ebv vsv while the second boost controller goes to the wastegate?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks!!! thats wat i thought

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
one boost controller....... don't go manual buy electronic it's not a fucking honda civic with a turbo kit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
one boost controller....... don't go manual buy electronic it's not a fucking honda civic with a turbo kit.

Don't be ignorant. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a manual boost controller. Just because it didn't cost hundreds of dollars doesn't mean it's not worth anything.

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
TurboXS makes an AWESOME dual-stage MBC that's hard to beat IMO! Its the one I've been usin since day one an I absolutely LOVE it!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i personally didnt want to hassle with wiring of ebc, so mbc is it for me!! i bought 2 hallman EZ kits!! i shall see how they are

1 - 18 of 18 Posts