Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for what boost controller you use on the stock twins, and your comments on the boost controller's performance. Can you use a regular electronic one, or the fact that the twins are true twins, means you can get by with a regular electronic boost controller? I know on sequential set ups you run into problems.

Thanks

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Pete_Howard said:
Looking for what boost controller you use on the stock twins, and your comments on the boost controller's performance. Can you use a regular electronic one, or the fact that the twins are true twins, means you can get by with a regular electronic boost controller? I know on sequential set ups you run into problems.

Thanks
How much are you wanting to run? I have BPU mods and stock boost has crept up to 12psi now. I have a turbo xs mbc, but its not hooked up yet.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have BPU mods, and I'm nailing fuel cut. I only want to run 14psi, or just a hair below stock FC.

Thanks

G

·
I have an XS MBC as well, and I'm looking into hooking it up. I've been reading about issues relating to the use of non-specialized boost controllers, however. Am I correct?

Kill

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,253 Posts
yeah any boost control should work... all you do is T off the wategate line.

The best boost control by far is the avc-r and the profec e01

avc-r is my fav.. if you actually learn it you will have boost comming on at least 500 RPM ealier and it will hit much harder.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
its bad ass from what ive heard...ask mattonedime, hes got it on his 1j

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
The problem with the fancier controllers is that the lines from the valve to the turbos is so long that it takes extra response time.

Also on ones like the Profec B 2 or Blitz ID, the boost sensor is inside the cabin. The boost signal has to travel far to the unit, so that it knows how much boost you are running. I found that it works but gain has to be turned down quite a bit.

I think the HKS would work better since the boost signal is in the engine bay.

As others might tell you, you don't really need a boost controller if you have an upgraded y pipe and full exhaust since it will boost quite a bit already.

·
Registered
383 Posts
SlimFastSupra said:
The problem with the fancier controllers is that the lines from the valve to the turbos is so long that it takes extra response time.

Also on ones like the Profec B 2 or Blitz ID, the boost sensor is inside the cabin. The boost signal has to travel far to the unit, so that it knows how much boost you are running. I found that it works but gain has to be turned down quite a bit.

I think the HKS would work better since the boost signal is in the engine bay.

As others might tell you, you don't really need a boost controller if you have an upgraded y pipe and full exhaust since it will boost quite a bit already.
Yeah but I thought the idea with an EBC (in the case of a BPU 1JZ) wasn't necessarily to up the max boost, but to change how boost comes on. As in hard and fast, as opposed to the stock gradual buildup. Am I wrong?

·
Wanna Go 4 A Ride?
158 Posts
I had an upgraded intercooler, piping, intake and exhaust and i was boosting WITHOUT a boost controller and I was hitting fuel cut..(thats not fun running down 1-95)

ps..i was @ 14 psi

G

·
I am definitely a fan of the older Profec B. I think it's a sick unit and it's easy to operate and install. I'm hunting a nice one down on ebay..

Kill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts