Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello anyone know of a good manual boost controller that really hold boost like if I want it to run 17 psi it will run 17 psi, well I not trying to cheap tho I already have a gredyy profec B install but it will make the car run 14 psi on first 16 on second and 18-20 or third

also what do you guys like more open air intake or stock ait box with K&N replacment filter

Thank you

·
Registered
408 Posts
You might try a hallman boost controller http://www.hallmanboostcontroller.com . I have one and it works really well. You do have to fiddle with it a little to get to the boost you want, but once you get it set, it is very good at holding the pressure right where you set it. Also remember that if you are on stock twins, depending on how you configure the hoses, you may not get full boost on the first turbo alone. Another thing to remember is that on some cars, if the wastegate spring is not strong enough, the wastegate can start to open just from the exhaust pressure at high RPMs and caust boost to fall, so it isn't always the fault of the boost controller.

·
462 Posts
No boost controller will stop boost creep on a stock twin car when cats are removed and a downpipe with high flow exhaust is installed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as I remember I never ger full boost in the first turbo only get full boost after 5000 RPM when the second turbo kit in, is this normal I want full boost witht he first turbo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts