Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
single turbo with aem/fuel system.

how is the Turbonetics manual boost controller? they seem cheap and i think i've seen it on Saad saad's car.

or the Hallman Pro with the stiff spring.

any opinions on controlling boost and experiences?

i'm thinking of going manual instead of electronic.

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
ive only heard praise for the hallman, but have never used one myself. any specific reason you dont want to just get a gm solenoid and let the aem control the boost? or do you just prefer a manual

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinkin about the GM or Apex boost solenoid (i heard Apex is better/safer)... but i dont think i would trust the aem controlling boost.
boost i'd like it to be a physically controlled device which stays pretty consistant (which would be a manual boost controller).

i think i'm going to go with the new hallman one.. simple, cost effective and easy to use and hook up! :)

only down side is you dont know exactly how much boost you get with what turns,etc. but i figured once you play with it a bit, you should get the idea of how much to turn to control such and such amount of boost...

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I've never heard that the Apex is better of safer than the GM. Can anyone confirm this?

Joe

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
LLCoolJ94 said:
I've never heard that the Apex is better of safer than the GM. Can anyone confirm this?

Joe
chris from hPF swares by them, better i dont know.
but they are quality items.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts