Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In charge of snacks
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of boost controller do you guys use. Also do you like it and is it easy to use?

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
2far_2see said:
What type of boost controller do you guys use. Also do you like it and is it easy to use?
My HKS EVC-EZ-2 didn't work worth a flip with the stock turbos but I hear that the stockers are pretty hard to control with any boost controller. Once I switched to single, it works perfectly now.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I use the Apexi AVC-R. I like it. Others struggle with it, because it has more then just two knobs and people freak out.

I prefer Electronic boost controllers because of the ability to go from stock boost, to high boost at the flick of a switch. Others have had good success with manual boost controllers as well. It is more of a prefrence and money issue.

No matter what boost controller you do decide to get, I would definetly recommend the Spring Mod. That was one of the best mods I have done and it makes it MUCH easier to control boost consistantly with it on.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i have the blitz sbc-id and i won't go any other route. i love it and all my other friends with turbo cars wish they had it as well. one friend used to run a profec b 2 and hated it so much he took it out (not in a supra). no boost spiking whatsoever on my sbc if the set or gain is not turned up too high and it holds boost rock steady to redline. however, i heard great things about the hks unit as well so if i had to go a different route, i would follow braddman's BC

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
I have the HKS EVC 5 and absolutely love it, it is the easiest boost controller I have ever used and never ever have spiked and love the cool dispaly which is in psi with overboost warning which is an amazing feature imo.

G

·
MANI009 said:
I have the HKS EVC 5 and absolutely love it, it is the easiest boost controller I have ever used and never ever have spiked and love the cool dispaly which is in psi with overboost warning which is an amazing feature imo.

Same here, love it to death.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
ChBrAc16 said:
i have the blitz sbc-id and i won't go any other route. i love it and all my other friends with turbo cars wish they had it as well. one friend used to run a profec b 2 and hated it so much he took it out (not in a supra). no boost spiking whatsoever on my sbc if the set or gain is not turned up too high and it holds boost rock steady to redline. however, i heard great things about the hks unit as well so if i had to go a different route, i would follow braddman's BC
I've had the SBC-ID in my last car and would have put the same in the Supra

·
Banned
302 Posts
I use the HKS EVC EZ-II and i love it, easy as hell just set it and froget it like that RON-CO oven lol!!!!!

I had the AVC-R, sold it to someone on the forums, i hated that POS it always overboosted and took forever to tune so it didn't overboost. did have some cool features though!

-Brett

·
Registered
590 Posts
AVC-R is a good unit and i am biased towards it for the amount of features it has
but for no nonsense reliablility the blitz sbc is a very good boost controller

1 - 13 of 13 Posts