Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DEE RAWL
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I tried using the search button, but it won't work...???

whats the best boost controller... I have the greddy profec b spec 2 but I don't like it, so which one should I get? and yes I plan to go single in the future

thanks

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
What features do you need from a boost controller? What things do you not like about your current one? In order to recommend "best" it's nice to know what criteria are most important to you. Here's a few questions to consider:
Do you need one that will display parameters?
Do you want to be able to adjust boost pressure from inside the car while driving?
Would you be happy with a high/low switch connected to an AEM EMS?
Do you want the complexity of EBC settings?
Do you want one that will work with the stock twins for now, and work well with a single?

Depending on who you talk to, you're going to get 100 different answers based on *their* opinion and needs. There's a huge group of Supra owners who would tell you not to even consider anything but a MBC.

So, what's the status on your build? Decide to go BPU first, or just saving for the single right away?

·
DEE RAWL
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it needs to work for stock twins now and single for later thats the most important part, and fairly simple to work

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
It doesn't get any easier than a MBC.
You can get a super cheap Hallman ES unit for ~$60, or something like the Perrin for ~$80 or Forge Motorsports for ~$100. They do the job, but each need to be adjusted from under the hood of the car.
If you're looking for an electronic, the Greddy Profec Type S is very simple. Basically two knobs for high/low boost setting, and a 3rd for a gain adjustment. I also see that AEM has released a boost gauge/controller in one (in case you were needing a gauge and convenient place to mount the BC). With EBC's you pay a lot for improved displays and programmable features. If you want/need those options, then they're definitely worth the cash. But if you're just looking for something that controls boost, the extra options will probably just get in your way and confuse you at first.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
i have a hks evc 5, and i love it!
hows the beast dez? i still have yet to see it!!!
HKS evc 5 here and love it also, works like a charm unlike my old greddy unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts