Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jdm twinn turbo stock motor in my sc300, should I get a boost cut controller. Or should I get a regular boost controller, like the one in my supra. But my supra has aem.
Whats the difference, witch one works better with a stock computer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
im pretty sure if you are running the AEM you dont need a boost cut controller. Or a boost controller for that matter. but you can use one (boost controller) if you want IIRC.

Alex

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't have aem on my sc 300, just stock computer. That's the car I need info with. I don't need any info with my supra.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
For your SC300 you'll need both. In order to get any higher boost from the turbos, you'll need some kind of boost controller. Either that, or do the 'bleeder mod' for a super cheap option. Manual or electronic boost controller.....your choice.

The BCC is just a device that keeps the ECU from seeing the "true" boost level. If the ECU sees a higher boost level that it wants, it cuts fuel away. So, if you turn up the boost (via any method) and the stock ECU finds out...it stops firing the injectors. There's lots of ways to do this as well (resistor mod, HKS, Greddy.....) and in the tech articles on mkiv.com they discuss the pros and cons of each one.

Or, you could get an AEM for the SC300 too :eek:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts