Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviousley im new to this forum but i was wondering what everyones opinion was on an electronic boos controller, or manual one for a 1989 turbo supra. Which ones better and what company makes the nicest/ easiest to work with?

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
I had a manual boost controller on my DSM and my supra i loved it. held boost perfectly no spikes, but you have to get out of the damn car anytime you wanna change the setting so it gets annoying.

EBC's are bad ass alot more to setting it up than a manual one tho.

AVCR is very easy to figure out as well as the greddy profecb

i have the Profec e-01 and i love it. now that i understand what duty and gain do and how changing each one changes the setting its ALOT easier now

·
MUDKIP FARMER
2,709 Posts
i'd go profec-b. Amazing boost control at a minimal price. SCC did a big comparo between boost controllers a few years back, and the profec-b outpreformed many of the much higher end controllers in terms of limiting boost spikes and keeping a steady pressure

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
my profec e-01 is badass it holds boost well and haven't seen any major spikes...the spike i did see was cause the gain was set too high and it ripped up to 17psi

·
Registered
184 Posts
The AEM TRU boost is a very simple unit to use and is good quality. If you want something simple to just control boost id go with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts